Skip navigation
meridithlhuntington
Currently Being Moderated

DynamicLink Media Server not available?

Dec 8, 2012 11:20 AM

Tags: #error #photoshop_cs6 #dynamic_link_media_server

This is the message that pops up after I try to import video frames to layers. I've looked everywhere for some sort of solution to this problem. I've tried closing the program, waiting for about a minute and re-opening it multiple times, I've tried restarting my computer, I've tried disabling my firewall, I've tried using Bridge, and I've tried just about every other option that has been given to others who have reported this same issue. None of it has worked for me. I would really, really appreciate it if someone could give me a clear answer as to what I could possibly do to fix this problem that I haven't already tried. Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 8, 2012 11:46 AM   in reply to meridithlhuntington

Here is a reply from a previous post.  Seems like restarting worked.

6. Meredith Payne Stotz,

May 30, 2012 5:31 PM    in reply to JJMack 

So we've been looking into it and have a few suggestions.

Would you please try the following and report back. Thank you!

- Of course a restart of Photoshop, preferably with clean preferences is a good place to start.

- Try to open the movie file in Photoshop with the Open command. If dynamic link manager isn’t working, Photoshop should show the same error manager.

- Try browsing and playing the file in Bridge. Does that work?

- Make sure any parental control applications, such as Net Nanny, have not blocked access to Photoshop's dynamiclinkmanager.exe and dynamiclinkmediaserver.exe files. Add Photoshop as an exception to any such application that you have running. 
- There are some frameworks / libraries Photoshop includes for communicating with DLM. If any of those are missing, that will show this error message. A reinstall would be necessary.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 8, 2012 7:34 PM   in reply to meridithlhuntington

How many frames are you truing to import.  Believe limit is 500. 

Will the video play in Bridge?

Will the movie play in PS?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points