Skip navigation
Eyedoc Ed
Currently Being Moderated

How do I fix an error in Bridge stating problem with Dynamic Link Media Service?

Dec 8, 2012 10:59 AM

I recently installed CS6.  I get the message "dynamiclinkmediaserver has encountered an error">    [..\\..\\Src\DirectoryRegistry.cpp-283]

I am using Win 7 Home 64 bit

I have gone to the Adopbe site and downloaded a
"patch" for the Dynamic Media Link Server and installed it.  This does not help.

Thanks for your assistance.

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 9, 2012 5:23 AM   in reply to Eyedoc Ed

Ed,

Is this when you open 'Bridge' itself or 'Mini-Bridge' from Photoshop?

Either way, can you right click the application .exe and 'Run as Administrator' to see if it helps?

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 9, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to Eyedoc Ed

How big is the .mov file you're trying to import? Can you try importing a smaller/ different file?

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 9, 2012 1:06 PM   in reply to Eyedoc Ed

Did you update your video card driver recently after which this issue started occuring?

Also, do you have a firewall or a network proxy program that controls ports in your OS?

There have been some known issues with these two reasons earlier.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 10, 2012 5:07 AM   in reply to Eyedoc Ed

That wont help. The application does know where the file is located, but is encountering trouble while accessing it.

Two things I can suggest at the moment:

• Clear Bridge Preferences (unsure if this will help but no harm trying it) - Hold down Ctrl + Alt while starting Bridge, dont leave it till you see a pop-up dialog box. Choose to 'Reset' preferences and start up Bridge to see if it works fine
    • Try using CS Cleaner tool to clean all traces of previous installations of Creative Suite apps and re-install afresh - http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Like I said, this is only experimental. Let us know if they help. If not, I'll see if I can escalate this issue to someone at the Engineering team within Adobe. (I'm a normal user, just like you!)

-ST

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points