Skip navigation
Tobias5555
Currently Being Moderated

Watching network drives/folders? Active File Manager how to use?

Dec 8, 2012 1:59 PM

Tags: #photoshop #network #photoshop_elements_11

As far as I have seen, many people have problems to let photoshop automatically watch for new contents in folders located on network drives. Me too. I have a photoshop cataloge which refers to network folders. That was no problem at all. The network folders are assigned characters in windows explorer and the network drive is refered to by its name, not its ip adress. the network drive is also accessible with its folders under "network" in windows explorer. when I try to include any of the network folder from "computer" and then select the character (i.g. drive Z) matched to the network folder, I get an error that the drive cannot be found. When I try to connect the folders from "network" -> name of the network drive -> network folder, I get an error that username or password are wrong. I do have the service "adobe active file monitor" running, where some say (yes, I searched the internet before posting this...), you just enter name and passwort in here and everything is fine. But I am not sure what to enter: I have no password using my PC but the network drive is protected by a username (different to windows) and password. So, if using active file monitor can solve my problem, than what do I have to enter exactly (! ) in the field "account" and "password". When I click the button next to "this account" I can only search for users on my desktop PC, the network drive is not shown (?). I am lost.... Thanks in advance!        

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 1:16 AM   in reply to Tobias5555

Read this:

http://www.johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshop-elements-faq.htm#_Watchi ng_Network_Folders

I am not knowledgeable in networks, but the Organizer has not been devised for networks. You can do it at your own risks and perils, but you won't get much support.

Tobias5555 wrote:

As far as I have seen, many people have problems to let photoshop automatically watch for new contents in folders located on network drives.

I think only a very small part of Elements users are using networks, but most of them have problems.

As networks are become less rare in personal environments, I think Adobe should be clear about that restriction in the System Requirements.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points