Skip navigation
seaotter6
Currently Being Moderated

How can I resore ability in CS6 to make a video with a picture and an audio file?

Dec 8, 2012 2:31 PM

I made several good videos with a JPEG or PSD photo as the media and an audio file as the audio.  This worked fine but recently all I get on the video is the audio without the picture.  I have tried it on two different downloads of CS6 on different computers and it no longer works.  Is there a switch I am missing?

Replies
  • JJMack
    6,057 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Dec 8, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to seaotter6

If it worked in tha past and now does not. Try resetting your userid Photoshop Preferences. As soon as to start Photoshop hold down Crtl|CMD+Alt|OPT+Shift.  Photoshop should prompt you if it should delete the existing preference and generate a new default set.  When you install and un-install Photoshop Photoshop preferences are not installed or removed.  When Photoshop is started and there are no preference files for a userid Photoshop creates a default set of preferences for the userid.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 4:39 AM   in reply to seaotter6

seaotter6 wrote:

...(although I do not recall having set any special preferncecs)...

Totally irrelevant.  Preferences files get corrupted for any one of a variety of reasons.  It has nothing to do with the user "setting any special prefs".

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,057 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Dec 9, 2012 1:46 PM   in reply to seaotter6

seaotter6 wrote:

Curious that I get the same unfortunate behavior with two different downloads and with the earlier installed version.

Not at all. As I wrote Photoshop Preferences do not get installed when you install Photoshop. They also do not removed or un-installed when you un-install Photoshop the remain intact if they exists.

When Photoshop starts up and a userid has no preference files Photoshop creates a set of default Photoshop preferences for the user userid.  You can un-install and re-install Photoshop as many times as you like.  When you start Photoshop it will find that the userid has Photoshop Preferences and use them.  If they are are corrupt they stay that way.   As long as I can remember Photoshop's userid preferences occasionally become corrupt.  That is why Photoshop has the startup shortcut  Ctrl|CMD+Alt|OPT+Shift. If you use it while you start Photoshop, Photoshop will Prompt you if it OK to delete you Preferences. If you confirm its OK Photoshop will delete your current Preferences and creates a new set of default Photoshop preferences for your userid.

If you have problems with Photoshop not working the way it should as it use to.  Before you re-install Photoshop the first thing you should try is resetting you Photoshop preferences.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 3:33 PM   in reply to JJMack

JJMack wrote:

You can un-install and re-install Photoshop as many times as you like.  When you start Photoshop it will find that the userid has Photoshop Preferences and use them.

Do the preferences not get removed if you tick the box in the uninstaller that's labelled with "Remove Preferences"?

Screen shot 2012-12-09 at 23.28.19.png

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,057 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Dec 10, 2012 7:51 AM   in reply to conroy

They do if the version of Photoshop has this option and the user check the option only newer version of Photoshop have this  option. The default operation is not to remove options as I'm sure you know.  Users useally use defaults. If the default operation was to remove All Photoshop version preference folders for all user id on a systen perhaps my append would not be useful.

I have never use that option so I don't even know if it delete all user id Photoshop preferences on a machine.  Adobe uninstall track record is far from perfect.  I have had so many problem using them on Windows PC (Photoshop and registry problems). I have stoped using Adobe uninstall and just delete Photoshop Version install trees and leave the Adobe common tree and regustry intack so newer versions I have installed keep working.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points