Skip navigation
Convallaria
Currently Being Moderated

flags and colors

Dec 8, 2012 2:47 PM

Tags: #colors #collections #flags #photoshop_trial

This is contains both questions and suggestions to Adobe.

1. FLAGS: in Lightroom 3, I found it so useful to have flags disappear in collections.  This meant that I could flag my picks, create a collection with those picks, and then start again to create a smaller collection, and so on.  Now that the flags are global, I feel lost.  QUESTION: How can I create a sublist of picks from a set of picks (when I'm already using stars and colors in other ways, and both are limited in number any way).  SUGGESTION TO ADOBE: i) At least allow the option of having global or local flags; ii) I agree with another suggestion I read that Lightroom have both local and global flags to use separately.

2. QUESTION: Is there any way to use more than one color identifier on a photo?  This would be so useful.  For example, I may want to use a color to indicate that my husband likes a certain photo, and I may want to also use a color to indicate that I'd like to print that photo.  QUESTION: How can I do this?  SUGGESTION TO ADOBE: find a way to allow more than one color identifier per photo.  Multiple indicators could be so useful: eg. to indicate things like: I've used this photo in a presentation, I would like to print this photo, someone else likes this photo, etc.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 12:36 AM   in reply to Convallaria

1. You can reject or unflag when in the collection to narrow your results.

2. No, you can't.

Sent from phone.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 3:48 AM   in reply to Convallaria

Ad 1: local flags are gone from LR, sad as it is. No ideas if feature requests to set it optional in catalog settings will be implemented...

Ad 2: I would use keywords for that, which I would set to "not export". Yes, I know, keywords ar not so visually easy as colour labels, you would need to either filter for them. Or, if so regularly used as your example, create smart collections: "to be printed", "liked by husband", and maybe even one with both.

A work-around rarely is so nice as the intended route would have been... but then - it works.

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 3:52 AM   in reply to Convallaria

Multiple indicators could be so useful: eg. to indicate things like: I've used this photo in a presentation

If you always create collections for such purpose, you would see it from there as well.

Non-smart collections (i.e. where you drag an image into) are  general alternative to organisational keywords.

Just not independant from LR, because collection membership is something which you cannot write to xmp.

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points