Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

Support for Sigma DP2M x3f

Dec 8, 2012 5:23 PM

When will support for the above camera be available in LR4 or CS6 ( I have both) ?

Thks

Tim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 8, 2012 6:30 PM   in reply to Speyguytvs

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Camera RAW forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 10:31 AM   in reply to Speyguytvs

I wanted to chime in and say I'd love to see DP-2M support also, and the other Merrill sensor cameras like the SD-1M, and other DP cameras.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to Kendall Gelner

That kind of information is never provided from Adobe. You will just have to wait and see like everyone else does.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 7:48 AM   in reply to Speyguytvs

As long as we have to continue to deal with proprietary raw formats this issue is not going to be resolved satisfactorily for the consumers.  There has been very little cooperation, as far as I know, between camera manufacturers and Adobe.  And why should there be?  Some camera makers (Nikon for one) sell their own software.  So, why would they want to cooperate with Adobe?  Adopting the DNG format would be a solution, but not very many camera makers are going in that direction.  And until acceptance is much more widespread I'm not interested in using DNG.  I suppose this discussion could go on for pages.  But it's kind of senseless.  Adobe provides support as quickly as it can.  But there is never in any indication beforehand telling us what to expect.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 10:51 AM   in reply to Speyguytvs

I'm not really sure what your argument is.  It doesn't matter how great Sigma or you think the sensor is.  I have thought about what I said, and I meant what I said.  You and other Sigma owners need to complain to whoever you feel is appropriate to resolve the problem.  I'm sorry, but I'm not interested.  I don't work for Adobe, nor do most of the people who respond on this forum.  I will not participate in this discussion anymore.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points