Skip navigation
Brainh2o
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere Elements 11

Dec 8, 2012 5:19 PM

Tags: #premiere #elements #11

Yesterday, I installed both Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 and Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Both worked. Today, Photoshop Elements 11 works, but when I attempt to open Premiere Elements 11, only Photoshop Elements 11 will open.

I had a telephone conversation with Amazon.com support to assist me with the solution, but they were unable to help.

What steps do I need to take.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 8, 2012 6:29 PM   in reply to Brainh2o

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.  Do you receive a specific error message when you try to open Premiere Elements?  Finally which operating system are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2012 8:04 PM   in reply to Brainh2o

That error message can display when trying to install a 64 bit version on a 32 bit system or visa versa, so have you installed the correct version for your system, please provide your computer specs as requested by Jeff.

Robert

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 11:39 AM   in reply to Brainh2o

Brainh2o wrote:

my laptop has the following:

Pentium (R) Dual Core CPU

t4200 @ 2.GHZ

Memory: 4 GB

32-bit Operating System.

Ben

An unfortunate part of digital progress is that, as computers get stronger, software grows features to match.  There are somwhere around 35 video editors for sale now and I doubt any of them will run very well on your system.  It may be sad, but your computer memory is low, you processor is weak and Vista was replaced for good reason.  Even if you find a way to get it to run, it may run so poorly that you will not enjoy the experience.

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 11:40 AM   in reply to Brainh2o

Thanks Brainh20.  It does look your processor meets the minimum requirements listed at http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html.  You can try uninstalling and reinstalling but my best guess is that you are facing some type of a launch issue with Premiere Elements. 

This is why I moved this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum orginally.  The users in this forum may have some general troubleshooting steps you can try besides just removing and reinstalling the software.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Did you install from a disk or from a download?

There are reported problems when the 64bit version of the program is installed on Vista.

Also, how much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 4:57 PM   in reply to Brainh2o

You did ensure that you downloaded and installed the 32 bit version and not the 64 bit version

Robert

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 9:00 PM   in reply to Brainh2o

I am having the same problem. Installed both elements 11 couple weeks back.  Good install and both worked.  Tried Premiere Elements 11 today but it would not open.  Uninstalled program and reinstalled but not good.  Photoshop Elements 11 works fine.  Premiere did earlier.  Even made a short video clip with it.   No error message just want open.  Windows 7 home prem.  64 bit.  2.10 GHz processor with 8 gig of ram.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 11:26 PM   in reply to southtoe

Another forum post had a resolution with Microsoft Run time libraries copied into the machine. Try it..

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4905123#4905123

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 7:06 AM   in reply to southtoe

One of the main causes of PrE not opening and running, is an obsolete video driver. PrE needs to interface with that driver, more than PS/PSE does.

Go to the video card's mfgr's. Web site, and then download and install the latest video driver. If one has a Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. computer, then go to their Web site for the latest driver. Do not trust Windows, or any utility, to tell you, if you have the latest driver.

What video card, make and model, do you have?

What is the installed video driver version and date?

Good luck, and I second that linked article on C++ RunTime errors, that VDOSurfer provided.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points