Skip navigation
misslank4d
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS5 has stopped working

Dec 8, 2012 5:24 PM

HELP! I just reinstalled Photoshop CS5 Extended onto my new computer.  I had it running before but I got a new hard drive.  I am still running Windows 7 32 Bit. Seemed to install.  When I opened up Photoshop and tried to open a new document or open and existing photo I got this message:  "Adobe Photoshop CS5 has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  Very frustrated.  I have a major assignment due next week and this problem couldn't have happened at a worst time!  PLEASE HELP!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 8, 2012 6:31 PM   in reply to misslank4d

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.  Did you install Photoshop to your new hard drive or copy it over from the old hard drive?  If you did install the software did you receive any error messages during the installation process?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2012 6:44 PM   in reply to misslank4d

Did you install with use of the original disks?  Did you install on C drive?

Might try to reset preferences.  Start PS and immediately hold down shift alt crtl keys.  If fast enough you will get a reset window.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2012 7:31 PM   in reply to misslank4d

It is tricky.  Some have better luck at holding down 2 keys, starting PS and immediatly pressing 3rd key.  Keep all keys down.  Should take only a few seconds for reset window to appear.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points