Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I make text sit on top of an image without it disappearing.

Dec 8, 2012 9:13 PM

I am currently copying and pasting images with captions from quark express files to indesign cs6 files.

Everytime I copy and paste these images the captions which are on top of the image disappear behind

the image.  How do I put the text back on top of the image?  and in general how do you put text on top

of an image without it disappearing?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 8, 2012 9:25 PM   in reply to text.on.image.question

Your text frame has a text wrap applied to it. Open the Text Wrap panel (Window>Text Wrap), Select the text frame with the black arrow and click the top left icon in the Text Wrap panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2012 9:42 PM   in reply to text.on.image.question

Try the same with the image frame. It's getting too late.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 5:03 AM   in reply to text.on.image.question

text.on.image.question wrote:

I am currently copying and pasting images with captions from quark express files to indesign cs6 files.

This is probably a really bad workflow that will end up biting you. I've not actually been able to copy a an image box from Quark and paste it into ID to test, so I don't know waht youare doing, exactly, but odds are you are not pasting a link to the image (doe sit show a link in ID's Links panel?). If not, you should be building this from scratch or opening the Quark file directly in ID (up to version 4 with out a plugin, later than that requires the Q2ID plugin from Markzware).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points