Skip navigation
RJAHampton
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Edit function will not open. Windows 8

Dec 8, 2012 11:24 PM

After loading and using Adobe Photoshop Elements 11. I initially used the Edit on one occasion. I then went to use it again and it gives me the Photoshop graphic, but would not launch / open the Edit option.

I checked the "Properties" tab on the Program and it stated it was set up for Windows XP Service Pack 3. I looked at other options listed and it only went up to Windows 7.

I purchased it for Windows 8 from Amazon and it does have it printed on the box that it is for the latest Windows 8.

Can you tell me if this can be fixed or whether I have been sold a product that is wrongly configured and will need replacing.

Message was edited by: RJAHampton

Message was edited by: RJAHampton

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to RJAHampton

Hello RJA,

Are you saying that in the Compatibilty tab of the properties dialog for the application, the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" is set to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3"?

If so, uncheck that box. Press OK. Then try and start PSE again. If that works, great. If not, then exit. Right-click on the shortcut, choose Properties again, Compatibility tab, and check the box to run as Administrator (assuming you are using an admin account in Windows). If it all strarts fine, then exit again. Go back to the Compatibilty tab and make sure that the Run as Administrator is unchecked.

Try to start it normally. Does it now start and run OK?

Take care, Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 9:36 AM   in reply to RJAHampton

Where is the Compatibility Tab?  I recently changed from Windows 7 to Windows 7 Ultimate and my editor will not open.   It says my licensing ha stopped working.  Error 150:30

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 10:07 AM   in reply to RJAHampton

Thanks.  I changed it to Windows 7, but it still will not open.  

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 11:32 AM   in reply to skipalmoney

This is a defect in PSE 11. I have seen Windows 7 and Windows 8 users complain about this issue. I am a  W7 user. The problem is when the PSE11 Editor function closes it is removed from the active applications list (See Windows Task Manager) but it remains running in the Processes list. So... Start the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl/Alt/Del) selectthe Processes tab and find “PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe *32”. Select this process and press “End Process”. You can now start the Editor with no problem. However once you close the Editor, you are back to the same problem and must repeat the process.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points