Skip navigation
codywinton92
Currently Being Moderated

PCG Error

Dec 8, 2012 10:08 PM

Tags: #error #settings #premiere #cs5.5 #import #menu #encore #encode #dvd #build #transcoding #menus

Screen Shot 2012-12-05 at 10.10.24 PM.jpg

I know this error has been posted in the past and I've tried tons of the remedies suggested. I've Cleaned and Deleted Cache. I've re-exported the .mov file into .m2v using Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder.

Does this have to do with the video file? Does it have to do with the menus? Thanks!

I'm running OS X 10.8.2

CS5.5 Adobe Encore version: 5.1.0.342

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 7:00 AM   in reply to codywinton92

Almost all the PGC errors reported since CS4 have been problems with assets, as opposed to the odd errors some of us saw in CS3. That was all PC then too for that matter. But those newer errors usually had something added to the error to point you to a more specific issue.

These are probably timeline rather than menu.

Eliminate one element at a time from your project till the error goes away. Then see if that gives you some idea.

And yes, as you have probably already done, look for all the things that have beenissues in the past - long file names etc. And try the old trick of removing the xmpses file from the folder you are importing from.

Marker issues?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to codywinton92

If you have subtitles try this:

Hi, What I did was create a new project, create the timeline with 16:9 aspect and next step import the subtitles.

Then import my video and it works for me.

I think that the problem is the timeline properties that the video insert at importing it. So I just import the subtitles before the video.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points