Skip navigation
theSawe
Currently Being Moderated

New path-layers from every line with pen tool?

Dec 9, 2012 1:36 AM

Tags: #layer #path #pen_tool

Hi! I'm currently using Illustrator CS6 as a test version and when I use the pen tool to make a beaver (school assignment), it all end up in one layer. I want to have a new path-layer from every line with the pen tool, so I can remove lines in the layer panel too. At the moment it's one layer that have a picture of a beaver and I can't see the individual lines I've drawn. When I used CS5 recently I didn't have this problem.

Is it a setting I can change or does it have something to do with the news in CS6?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 1:41 AM   in reply to theSawe

If you want to see a "layer" for every object change the Layer Panel display by choosing Panel Options from the Layer Panel Menu. In the lower section of the panel options window, make certain Groups and Objects are both checked. You'll then see a "layer" for each object.

I am quoting "layer" here because technically they aren't layers. They look like layers and are in the Layer Panel, but they don't exactly allow the options which actual Layers allow. You will be able to select and move the objects in the panel this way however.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points