Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can we remove the Dreamweaver CS6 status bar?

Dec 9, 2012 6:28 AM

Tags: #remove #delete #cs6 #toggle #status_bar #turn_off

I use the split screen view, so I need all of the space I can get. Is there a hidden setting somewere that will let me turn off the status bar in Dreamweaver CS6? I don't use it and don't need it at this time, so it would be nice if I could remove it. If it can be toggled off and on, I can always get it back if I need it in the future.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 9, 2012 8:26 AM   in reply to Random Terrain

Window > Properties (Uncheck).

All panels shown in DW can be enabled/ disabled from Window in the menubar.

Another tip: You may want to consider investing in a secondary monitor so you get more real estate - panels on 1 screen and actual code window on 1. Just a suggestion

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 9, 2012 8:27 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

Another option would be to strip all panels, save it as a Custom Workspace. So you can always go back and forth when required.

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 9, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to Random Terrain

My bad. Thought you meant the 'Status bar' in relation to the document editing - which is the 'Properties' panel.

Anyway, do you really think removing the 10px in height 'status' bar is going to give you more real estate?

AFAIK, there is no way for you to disable status bar.

One option I could give you is Show/ Hide Panels - which hides all panels and leaves you with a lot more real estate on screen. To toggle, Window > Hide/ Show Panels (Hotkey: F4).

Also, if this is a serious thing you feel would help a lot of other users too, file a feature request here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 10, 2012 5:09 AM   in reply to Random Terrain

Have you considered filing a feature request for this in the link I gave you earlier? That could help!

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 11, 2012 6:19 AM   in reply to Random Terrain

I've looked at enough posts here to see that filling a feature request is usually a waste of time.

Maybe you've got that opinion with some responses that say 'they don't respond to me when i file a bug report/ feature request'. Well, this is because Adobe doesn't respond to each and every report. If they were to do that, they would have absolutely no time developing/ integrating your feedback because, trust me, they get so many requests/ reports each day!

However, one thing I can guarantee is each and every feedback you provide as bug report or as a feature request is read and processed by the dev team - 100%.

There are a lot of common sense features that Namo WebEditor had that Adobe and most Dreamweaver users haven't even considered

Can you mention a few?

I want Dreamweaver to be harder to use, not easier to use!!!!!!!!"

Every software is 'easy' if you're used to it. It is not a 'good' application if even after years of use you're not able to use it right in your workflow. It's actually a good thing if your workflow becomes 'easier', doesn't it?! You're the first person I've heard to say that!

-ST

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points