Skip navigation
Range RST
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements 10 does not recognize my printers after upgrading,  I need it to recognize all my

Dec 9, 2012 8:59 AM

Tags: #elements_10_printer_recognition

I have been a long time user of Elements.  I recently upgraded to 10 and it no longer recognizes my printers.  It says that I need to install printers.  When I look in Windows my printers are still installed and work with other programs.  The forum wants my to set a photo printer as a default, but i use a laser printer as a default for word processing.  This seems to be a serious problem for more than just me.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to Range RST

You did not specify which printer(s) are not recognized. The HP printers have long names, and it has been reported that PSE gets "confused"!

If this applies, go to Control Panel>Devices and Printers, right click on the printer which is not recognized, in the menu go to Printer Properties, and give it a short name - e.g. My Printer. Make it default printer and see if it works,.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 11:34 AM   in reply to Range RST

You're not talking to Adobe here. The responders are users, like you, trying to help. Did you rename one of the HP printers, as suggested?

Also, have a look at this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/947843?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 12:03 PM   in reply to Range RST

You're welcome. Glad to help with the correct answer, and thanks for the follow-up.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points