Skip navigation
samilliwynot
Currently Being Moderated

code 101

Dec 9, 2012 6:45 AM

i have downloaded cs6 trial off the web site but after takeing 7 hours to download it has the error mesage 101  check disc space i have 85 gig free

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to samilliwynot

i have 85 gig free

This means nothing if the free space isn't in the right places like your temp folders or the browser's download cache, especailly for the extraction and install. Refer to this:

Troubleshoot Adobe Download Assistant

Installation Preparations

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 2:56 PM   in reply to Mylenium

As stated it means little but let's say you drive is at least 250GBs then you are dangerously low on freespace for a scratch disk alone let laone apps and storage. You have to condiser replacing that disk with a larger one or usining external storage. Then of course if you have so many files on your disc that you are this low in free space then you must have a fairly fragmented disk as well, from saving and deleting and moving files anbd replacing as well.

So you might need a utility to defrag the disc if you do not want to replace it or add external storage.

uB seriously consider getting more storge space.

Now wah 101 means is another thing altogether. On a Mac it is a memory issue and that could also relate to the scratch or your RAM how much RA M do you have 8GB is a good amount 2GB it might work but it might not depending on what other apps are running and what your system requires and of course if your scratch is healthy and clean and not fragmented and large enough.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points