Skip navigation
brotherdanskiing
Currently Being Moderated

Transitions will not load - PLEASE HELP!!

Dec 9, 2012 1:32 PM

Tags: #premiere #elements #10 #transitions #transitions_won't_load

I've been dealing with this for some time ... when I'm in the edit window and click on transitions, they will not load. I've spent a lot of time online with support and got only temporary use of transitions. The first time I visited support, the tech was able to take control of my computer and get them working. That lasted for a few days, then they quit working again. I went back to support and a different tech didn't get me all the way through the process, and ended the session after telling me to remove and reinstall, which I did (again). Still, there is no functionality of transitions. They appear to be loading, but I've waited up to 30 minutes before I've clicked out. Please, can someone help me out?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 1:44 PM   in reply to brotherdanskiing

Which version of the program are you using?

How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What operating system are you using?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to brotherdanskiing

Along with Steve's comments, Transitions require heavy interfacing with the video driver, as most have animations in the Transitions "gallery."

What is your video card's/chip's make and model?

What is the installed video driver's number and date?

Is that the latest from the mfgr's. Web site? If not, update that to the very latest.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 5:32 AM   in reply to brotherdanskiing

Are you working on a laptop? If so, what is your screen resolution.

Also, when you started your video project, did you set it up for Full AVCHD? You'll know because, if you set it up correctly, there will be no red lines above your clips when you add them to your timeline. Is that the case in your project?

Your computer is a bit underpowered for edting AVCHD. But, at least for shorter projects (assuming your project is set up correctly), the program should function -- if slowly.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to brotherdanskiing

The red lines that Steve was referring to, are when you drag your Clips to the Timeline, prior to doing any editing.

It is natural for red lines to appear above Clips, when any overlay, or Effects are added to the Clips, such as a Title, a Transition, or any parameter/Keyframing done to the Clip. That indicates that for smoothest playback, one would want to Render the Clips (or Timeline), for the best playback.

Having an HP, I would go to HP's Web site, and check for a newer video driver.

Steve's question on the screen resolution is a good one, as to get the full display of the GUI, there is a minimum screen resolution.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points