Skip navigation
Fayze93
Currently Being Moderated

Click button, play animation, and then go to new frame.

Dec 9, 2012 2:45 PM

So I'm in the process of making a Flashsite, however one thing I'd like to do is to play an animation when you click on an object (a button). This button takes you to another page on my flashsite. I have tried making an animation in the button symbol, under the "down" bit. This works except I have to hold down the mouse to see the animation. I want the animation to play and THEN after the animation is done, it should go to the subpage on my flashsite.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 3:38 PM   in reply to Fayze93

You will need to use a movieclip as a button such that the animation completing will be the trigger to go to the other frame.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 6:00 AM   in reply to Fayze93

Use a CLICK event listener and have the animation start playing with it.  In the animation's timeline place the command for the root timeline to go to the intended frame ( MovieClip(root).gotoAndStop(2); )

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 9:15 AM   in reply to Fayze93

The animation should not be stopping unless you have code in place that makes it stop, suchas a stop() command in the keyframe.  If you don't have stop()'s, is there any other code you have that is processing while the animation is playing?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points