Skip navigation
kathykielar
Currently Being Moderated

Why does my video get blurry when uploaded to youtube?

Dec 9, 2012 10:19 PM

Tags: #youtube #premiere_pro #quicktime

I shot my video on a 5d m2, Processed it in premeir Pro cs6 and exported full res and encoded for you tube. It is tack sharp on my computer quick time player etc, but when loaded into youtube looks like a cell phone video.  Please help!  Thanks to all for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2012 10:39 PM   in reply to kathykielar

Try exporting using the H.264 preset for YouTube at the dimensions of your video. It sounds like you may have done that but you were not specific.

Also, verify that you are looking at the HD version of the video when you use the YouTube player. All this assumes that you waited long enough for YouTube to process the HD version. It first encodes a SD version, then it encodes the HD version.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 9:51 AM   in reply to kathykielar

In my experience, you will lose some sharpness with YouTube uploads.  Not much you can do about it.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to kathykielar

Sometimes you will have to do the upload again because it does not look right.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 11:07 PM   in reply to kathykielar

It usually just takes a few minutes for a short HD video. A really long one could take a while. If you see the 720p or 1080p setting available (whiever you uploaded), then you have HD. If not, try again. There may be a setting you are missing on the YouTube site.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points