Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Freezing Playback, Media Pending, No Saved Prvw Files -on Pr 6 Cloud.

Dec 10, 2012 4:57 AM

Freezing Playback, Media Pending, No Saved Prvw Files -on Pr 6 Cloud.

My Creative Cloud Pr 6 is freezing video on the timeline and it's driving me crazy. Can't work all day. I've checked all my system settings and all seem to be okay. Running Creative Cloud on Win 7. 16GB RAM with 12GB dedicated for Pr, Ae, Ps etc. 138GB free on C Drive and 1TB free on project drive. I'm working with HDV video from Panasonic HMC150 1080/60i and 1080/30p. What's wrong and what can I do? I just found out there are no "Saved Preview Files" in the Pr Preview folder. "Media Pending" constantly showing when attempting to playback from timeline, even with 1/4 or 1/2 playback resolution. Timeline video display head showing thumbnail of a completely different video clip. My video card (EVGA GTX 580) is getting hot excessively. It's inbuilt fan is ok. All system fans are ok. I had to put extra fans on it. Product update issue or what? Thank you. I need help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to RedCarpet310

For starters, the HMC150 produces AVCHD, not HDV, and that's an important distinction.  See if this link helps.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/audio-video-glitches-avchd.html

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to RedCarpet310

Is this a dedicated edit rig or is it also used for other things?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2012 10:51 AM   in reply to RedCarpet310

Yeah, the e-mail and especially the Office software definitely precludes it from being a dedicated edit rig and throws it into the category of a multipurpose machine.  I've heard of issue with Office installed.  You might try a search.

My best recommendation at this point would be to wipe the hard drive with a reformat and reinstall everything from scratch, including Windows.  Except this time, only install the editing specific programs.  Use a second computer for Office, Internet and e-mail.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points