Skip navigation
jeffbottom
Currently Being Moderated

BD pop-up text strangely jagged and aliased

Dec 10, 2012 5:28 AM

Tags: #blu-ray

hi

The text in my pop-up menus has suddenly decided to be aliased and horrible. The problem appears to be font related but no matter what i do I can't resolve it.

For several year I have been using the same Photoshop template to make my popup menus. They're super simple, bascially just a 'info' screen that floats over the video, no highlights, no real buttons as such. I've always been so impressed with BD's ability to do anti-aliased overlays. But recently it's all gone to s**t. Now when I burn the disc the text in the pop-ups are hideously aliased (almost like an auto generated text highlight from the bad old DVD days). I thought it might be related to the font - Trade Gothic - as I have had issues with it in the past. So I tried redoing the menus with a few of the variants of Trade Gothic I have on the computer with very odd results, one version would work but only if there was some text in another font on the menu. I even went to the extreme of trying to generate different formats (OTF, TTF) in fontographer. I found some odd inconsistancies with unicode numberings but fixing these didn't help either. Every time I'd burn a disc the same whack aliasing !!!

It's driving me crazy.

any suggestions or trouble shooting methodologies greatly appreciated.

cheers..

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2012 6:08 AM   in reply to jeffbottom

Create a new project and use an Encore library popup. Do you see the problem there? Then change the font, but make no other changes. Problem there?

It does sound odd. I assume something has changed somewhere in your defaults.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points