Skip navigation
fakesaliva
Currently Being Moderated

Help with linking combo boxes so that some options are made unavailable

Dec 10, 2012 5:31 AM

Tags: #acrobat #adobe #fields #acrobat-form #fillable ##acrobat_xi #combo-box #list-box

Hello!

I'm having trouble setting up an interactive PDF form with multiple combo boxes.

I have designed an interactive PDF form in InDesign CS6 but am doing the final preparation and formatting in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.

First of all, I am not sure if I should be using combo boxes or list boxes, but the combo box seemd to look better after I export the PDF and also left the field blank, ready for selection from the drop-down menu.

Basically I have a list of drop-down lists, but not all combinations are compatible. For example, after maing "Selection 1" in "Combo box 1", I need only "Selection 1", "2", and "3" [out of the total 5] to be available in "Combo box 2".

I need to be able to apply this algorhythm to the next few combo boxes as well.

Moreover, I would need some of the checkboxes disabled [the user won't be able to check them at all]when I make a certain selection in some of the combo boxes.

Needless to say, I don't know any Java, coding or making calculations in LiveCycle Designer, so I don't even know where to begin.

I have attached a screen grab of my form and what I want to achieve.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

adobe forms combo boxes.jpg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points