Skip navigation
EMOJ100
Currently Being Moderated

Can you help?

Dec 10, 2012 7:38 AM

I am using Photoshop cs6. I purchased a template for magazine advertising purposes.  The images have been taken out but there are custom designed objects (masked shapes) where I am supposed to place my images. When I attempt to place a photo into one of the shapes, using the Place Command, it does not work.  How can I place an image into one of the objects?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to EMOJ100

What Objects? Groups, Shape Layers, …?

Could you please post a screenshot with the Layers Panel visible?

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,979 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Dec 10, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to EMOJ100

Post as screen capture of the Photoshop Layers panel with the PSD template active in Photsohop.  There are many way PSD template file are made. The way one populates PSD template depend on how the PSD was designed to be populated. If you look ate my Photo Collage Toolkit you can see how one design works. http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PhotoCollageToolkit.html

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/JJMackTime.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 12:36 PM   in reply to EMOJ100

No attachment has made it to the forum. Maybe you tried to do it through email, which won't succeed. You'll have to post via the forum website and use the camera button above the text entry panel to insert images.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 2:13 PM   in reply to EMOJ100

The required steps to use that template might become evident with the screen-cap, with the full Layers Panel showing, and each element in any Layer Set twirled open. To attach the image, see this article for tips: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2643538#2643538.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,979 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Dec 10, 2012 4:29 PM   in reply to EMOJ100

If your on a PC with Photoshop running and the template open with the layer pallet in view so all layer can be seen. Press PrtScn key on your keyboard. Then use Photoshop's menu File>New. Accept the default offer clipboard size. Use Ctrl+V paste to paste the screen capture in. Then save that document to your desktop as a jpeg file. Then post that images here using the camera icon in the edit append screen choose file on your desktop.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 11:41 PM   in reply to EMOJ100

Basically, the template has 3 rather oval shapes towards

the bottom of the template.  Images are supposed to fit inside the borders of the images.

Can you tell us what kind of Layers those are – Shape Layers, regular Layers, Groups …?

If they are not Groups placing the image above the intended Layer and using Layer > Create Clipping Mask might suffice to get the desired effect.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points