Skip navigation
agilbert66@hotmail.com
Currently Being Moderated

"No Disk" Error (premiere elements 11)

Dec 10, 2012 8:34 AM

Tags: #no_disk

I have successfully installed Adobe Premiere Elements 11 on my PC:

Dell XPS 8300 

Intel Core i7-2600 Quad Core (3.4 GHz, 8MB Cache)

• 1GB Radeon HD 6450 Graphics

• 16GB DDR3 1333 RAM

• 1TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive (2 x 500GB RAID 0)

• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

When I open the application and click "New Project" I get the following error message:

AdobePremiereElements.exe - No Disk

There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk into drive

\Devices\harddisk2\DR3

I can "cancel", "try again", or "continue".  The only thing that works is to hit "cancel"  (several times).  Premiere Elements will then open, but the error message will keep recurring.   Adobe Support (Chat) has not been much help.

Anyone else come across this?  This seems to be a common error in earlier versions (version 9), but I can't seem to find any good solution to it.   HELP!!!!

UPDATE:   Just as an FYI..while it's possible (but doubtful) there is preloaded software interfering, there is no other software (or viruses) installed on this computer.

Message was edited by: agilbert66@hotmail.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to agilbert66@hotmail.com

Did you install from a disk or download?

Are you sure you installed the Windows 7 64 bit version of the program?

Also, is your hard drive partitioned or is it all C drive?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 11:26 AM   in reply to agilbert66@hotmail.com

As a test, I would insert the PrE installation disc into the multi-drive, when prompted, to see if there is some element, that the installer is signaling that it needs.

Please let us know if that does anything, and if it then clears that message.

Having the program installed in the x86 folder is a bit of a puzzle though.

Good luck, and others might have more ideas on this.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 12:34 PM   in reply to agilbert66@hotmail.com

Thank you for that clarification. I did mis-read the info.

If placing the disc into the multi-drive, when prompted, did not help clear that error, I am at a loss to explain what the program is asking for.

Good luck, and maybe others will have experience with this message, and the solution.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 5:37 AM   in reply to agilbert66@hotmail.com

And a tip of the hat to Adobe tech support -- who really don't get enough credit sometimes.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 8:16 AM   in reply to agilbert66@hotmail.com

Great news!

It seemed natural that PrE was looking for something, some element in the program, and that turned out to be SmartSound's Sonicfire Pro and the included music.

If you have never used SmartSound, you are in for a treat. I use it almost exclusively, but over the years have bought about 80% of their library, usually when they have a "sale," like they have going on now. Unfortunately, for me, the sales are not that useful anymore, 'cause I already own most of the discs. OTOH, I have access to some great, and highly useful music, that I can tailor to my Videos. If you get into using SmartSound, and do many Videos needing a soundtrack, you might want to look into their Sonicfire Pro Scoring Edition, and their Multi-track music discs - it's like having a million songs in one, and one is only limited by their imagination.

Good luck, and thank you for reporting the cause.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 8:37 AM   in reply to agilbert66@hotmail.com

If you are not yet familiar with SmartSound, then this article might be useful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3744473#3744473

As PrE now includes the Sonicfire Pro SmartSound module (not the older QuickTracks module), that article needs an update. Still, until one gets to the Sonicfire Pro Scoring Edition (separate program, with much more power when using the Multi-Track discs), the operation is still the same.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 8:57 PM   in reply to agilbert66@hotmail.com

I have having the same "No Disk" problem on my Dell running W7, but am unsure how to install Smart Sound on its own prior to installing PrE.  Is someone able to provide steps, or at least help me find the Adobe Tech support response referenced below?  Thanks in advance...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 12:22 PM   in reply to agilbert66@hotmail.com

Really appreciate your help - thank you, but this has not solved my problem. I will take up directly with Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 3:46 AM   in reply to agilbert66@hotmail.com

Not an answer!! I am new to this. I get the same error message and from what I can gather reading the traffic, I have to reinstall Smart sound. Can anyone help a simpleton. I searched the DVD for all files referencing Smart sount, there is plenty. I don't really understand how I reinstall and what??

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Tara

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 4:53 AM   in reply to BoompsXXX

What have you tried, Boomps?

The installation file for SmartSound in version 11 is on the same disc as Premiere Elements 11 installation files.

Simply saying "Not an answer!!" is of no help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 8:37 PM   in reply to agilbert66@hotmail.com

Success!!  Followed instructions and my Premier Elements is now error free.  Thanks very much.  Previously downloaded from SmartSound website, and I guess I did not install the correct software.  Really appreciate the help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to Petaman2

Great news, and thank you for reporting your success!

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points