Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Searching previous folder

Dec 10, 2012 11:48 AM

Hello,

Forgive me if this is an issue for Apple Mac but I'm going to ask here, as well, since it involves Illustrator. I have many nested folders pertaining to one job. (All the contents are Illustrator docs. No matter.) When searching for a previous document or a document within the same nested folder, I can't get Illustrator to immediately access the folder I'm working in. In my case, upon a new search, Illustrator resumes the search starting from the main folder that is nesting the folder I need to get to. Isn't there a way to have Illustrator search the folder where I opened a document   previously?

In the finder, I have the preferences set to search from the Current Folder. I've  tried all three preferences, including Search Previous Scope and Search This Mac. It remains the same.

Thank you,

Al

Search.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to eubean525

Uhmm.. Illustrator doesn't really search directories. How are you initiating this search within Illustrator?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 1:23 PM   in reply to eubean525

Oh that's an issue across the Mac. You might want to check out Default Folder X (http://www.stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolderX/index.html) it allows you to control open/save locations as well as other features. I've been using it for years becuase the Mac OS has been broken in these terms for many itterations.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 4:29 PM   in reply to eubean525

Default Folder X is the best solution, though I've found it a bit flaky with Adobe apps in OS 10.7 & 10.8.

Anybody remember Boomerang? That was the first of the flyback file system tools, back when Macs still had tan coloured cases.

Yours

Vern

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points