Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I copy index markers into another book

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using FrameMaker 10.0.2.419 to author multiple versions of (essientially) the same two books. One is a user guide; one is a windows reference. I have cross-references from the UG to the reference.  Each version of the books is set up the same way.

I just updated the index in one of the user guides. I would like to copy most of those updates to the other user guides. 

Is there a way to do this? 

Or do I have to 'manually' create the index entries in each version of the user guide?

Thanks,

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you versioning?

The way we do this is Conditional Text.

If the pages layouts are the same, you can generate any number of different books from the same set of component files.

If the page layouts differ, create two books, but import the Flow A for each major component file into the clone books.

IX makers and IX gen are automatic, once set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files are physically different between the books, then you'll have to add the appropriate index markers to the other files. Otherwise, if you're using conditionals on single-source files, then, as Error mentions, it's pretty much automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That helps!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines