Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Builder AS project renders swc graphics differently from Flash Pro

Dec 11, 2012 8:06 AM

In a Flash Builder 4.7 pure Actionscript project I'm using graphics built in Flash Pro and adding the swc to the build path. The output in FB 4.7 looks different than in Flash Pro CS6. I just re-installed both FB 4.7 and FP CS6, and overlaid the latest AIR 3.5 sdk. Still no joy.

I've compiled examples and posted them here: http://cldd.athabascau.ca/learning_activities/FB_Bug/

The image below is a composite showing the same graphic rendered in different projects, the first from FP, the others from FB. They should all look the same.

bug_image.jpg

I re-installed FB 4.6 and built the same projects and all the graphics rendered correctly.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2012 2:41 AM   in reply to Chris Manuel

Hi,

It looks like images have actually been substituted for different images, and I can't imagine Flash Builder actually building graphics!

Most likely is some kind of collision between names of classes in different SWC files.

Are you using more than one SWC library in your Flash Builder project?

Are you defining display classes in your Flash Builder project that share similar package name, class name etc?

Have you tried a new FB project that _only_ has this SWC?

G

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to Chris Manuel

I have exactly the same problem.

Does anyone have a solution ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 8:30 AM   in reply to Chris Manuel

Hi,

I am out of the office until Tuesday, January 22nd. If you require an urgent answer, please try contacting me by mobile. Otherwise, I will respond to email on my return.

Thanks,

Gaius

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points