Skip navigation
Scream At The Wind
Currently Being Moderated

Error when trying to purchase PhoneGap

Dec 11, 2012 3:05 AM

The Screen says, "error" after "Confirm" button is pressed when trying to purchase PhoneGap.  No further information is provided regarding what exactly the error is.  My bank account is being debited $1 each time I make an attempt to purchase PhoneGap.

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 11, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to Scream At The Wind

Are you referring to PGB (PhoneGap Build) paid plan?

Either way if it is $1 that is debited, I assume it is a test debit to your card - if your transaction wasn't successful, it should be reversed to your credit card within 7 working days - just like any other standard e-payment.

Can you go to http://build.phonegap.com/ and try signing up from there to see if it works?

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 11, 2012 8:26 AM   in reply to Scream At The Wind

That is weird - since it doesn't show the reason for 'error'.

Can you try these:

1. Try using a different credit card
    2. Try again after a day or so (sometimes if their server/ payment gateway is undergoing maintenance - you never know)

Also, if you're on Twitter, tweet @Adobe_Care - it will be reviewed by Adobe staff directly.

In any case, I'm escalating this issue to the employees to see if they can help.

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to Scream At The Wind

Sorry for the frustration, Scream At The Wind.

Sudarshan is correct the $1 charges you see on your account are only authorizations, and after a couple days or so these will disappear.

I checked your attempted orders, and it seems the reason it's being denied is that the address you have on record does not match your credit card's billing address.

To update the billing address on your Adobe account, go to the bottom left of this page: https://www.adobe.com/account/account-information.html#myaddressbook

(Sign in with your e-mail address if/when prompted.)

Make sure the address matches exactly what your credit card provider (e.g. your bank) has on record.

After you've updated it, give it a couple minutes and then try to purchase the PhoneGap Build subscription again.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 11, 2012 12:05 PM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Thank you for joining the thread, Carey.

I hope the OP is able to resolve this issue by changing his address on file.

-ST

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points