Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.0.3) Installation failed?

Dec 11, 2012 7:31 AM

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.0.3)

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

Photoshop update work fined.

Macintosh running Mountain Lion.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2012 9:05 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Same here! And Illustrator CS6 won't launch anymore!

"Adobe Illustrator cannot be opened because of a problem."

It was properly installed and never changed since..

When will Adobe ever fix their annoying updaters?!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 9:52 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Same thing here. Have you tried uninstalling Illustrator and reinstalling from Application Manager? If so, any luck?

I hope it's not the same thing these poor folks had to (are) deal with: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4618444

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to Derek Reager

Just reinstalling doesn't work. The app itself doesn't seem to be modified at all, so the updater screwed some files in the System folder I guess.. but which ones..?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Same problem here too.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 11:52 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Exact same problem. Hopefully they will take this one on soon since they just had the "Adobe Create Now Live" event and were pushing people to update the photoshop and illustrator apps!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 12:08 PM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Exact same issue here. Photoshop updated but Illustrator did not and error log says: U44M1P7.

Running Mac OS 10.8.2

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to jskdoo

And Illustrator is dead. Crashes on opening. OUCH!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 12:22 PM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Same Here

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.2.0)

iMac

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 12:22 PM   in reply to jskdoo

Yes AI was dead here too. But TimeMachine was my friend!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 12:57 PM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Just uninstalled Illustrator - reinstalled - then updated.

Now Illustraor 16.0.3 on Mac 10.8.2 up and running.

=-)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 3:15 PM   in reply to keberg

I restored /ApplicationSupport/Adobe and /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS6 from Time Machine, and now it works again. I'll not be running the update however, since it is obviously *brittle*.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Same here.  Hope they fix this soon.  Having trouble updating photoshop as well.  Don't they test this stuff before release?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 6:37 PM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Having the same problem on my Mac Pro running 10.8.2!!!!! Whats going on Adobe???!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 12:56 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Please update the AAM to the latest version before applying the patch. It could be found at :-

Win - http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Mac - http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Thanks,

Nishant

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 3:15 AM   in reply to Nishant Kumar Thakur

Same issue here - I used Time Machine to get the old Version of Illustrator and it works now.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 3:20 AM   in reply to Nishant Kumar Thakur

What the hell is going on with this update? I applied it and the first thing it did was turn my full version of Design Standard into a trila version and forced me to re-register; now I discover that all my AI actions PLAY TWICE.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 3:26 AM   in reply to Jim__Campbell

Update: it only appears to make actions play twice if they're invoked from an F-key.

This is completely unacceptable. Will Adobe compensate me for the inefficiency this creates in my workflow? My billable time is based on being able to complete jobs in carefully calculated timescales and this REALLY messes with that.

I only installed this update in hope it would fix the broken window behaviour under Mountain Lion, which I reported with the initial release and which remains unaddressed.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 3:45 AM   in reply to Jim__Campbell

Further update: TIFF export does not embed the specified color profile.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 3:46 AM   in reply to Jim__Campbell

Sorry for tagging this onto an existing thread, BTW, but I'm struggling to make sense of this forum's posting options…

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 6:15 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Seriously this is getting obnoxious, everytime an update is released it fails and I end up having to uninstall and reinstall the software, if that even works. If this continues I am going to uninstall and forget about reinstalling all together. Not to mention, the sudden push to suscribe users to the Creative Cloud and including features in that end of the software that aren't being included in the versions other license holder are entitled to. How about some quality control and some integrity!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 6:41 AM   in reply to Machine2240

Heh. I'm still trying to work out how the 16.0.3 update can be issued under "bug fixes" when it's fixed no visible bugs for me, but introduced two new ones that are catastrophically disruptive to my workflow (actions rendered unuseable from Fkeys, no color profiles embedded in exported TIFFs)…

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 10:44 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Not only did it not update, I get a Twitter response from someone named Madison at Adobe_Care:

Adobe Customer Care (@Adobe_Care)

12/11/12, 11:07 AM

@MarkWRoberts11 Hi Mark, we're sorry about that. You can try solution #2 here: forums.adobe.com/message/479431… ^Madison

Then to add to my fun, after deleting the Extension Manager and following the direction on the Adobe site, Illustrator Crashes !!! Now I have nothing working... so I trash EVERYTHING CS6, and just figure I'll "re-install clean..."

I can't even do that !!! AAM says everything is still installed... I'm looking for a .plist file or cache to delete... anyone? This is on my MBPwR thank god my iMac still works normally... still can't get two of the updates, but I'll live with that for now...

What a mess...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to jskdoo

Same problem! Photoshop and Dreamweaver were updated correctly but Illustrator, now i can´t even open it! I need to work!

Step1

https://creative.adobe.com/share/107b4e16-eb95-4f19-b836-fafc5003cf45

Step 2

https://creative.adobe.com/share/494b3336-5910-4ab8-a301-9e4ac5c59450

Step 3

https://creative.adobe.com/share/cdcea7d7-dc15-47f3-b734-49a5e578dc47

Step 4

https://creative.adobe.com/share/d2c06362-464e-493c-8f83-f1af5e931f71

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

SAME PROBLEM

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.2.0)

Extension Manager 6.0.4 Update

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Nothing is working except InDesign.

This is what I see:

Adobe Illustrator [2452]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS6/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Illustrator

Identifier:      com.adobe.illustrator

Version:         682 (16.0.0)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [199]

User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2012-12-12 14:08:56.417 -0500

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

Report Version:  10

I open to all suggestions

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 11:13 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

...well, I took everything out of the trash, and placed it back into the Applications folder, I used the Illustrator "Un-installer" and finally got AAM to recognized that it wasn't installed... so I am now re-installing Illustrator Only as a test to see if that solves the "temporary problem."

I am semi-fortunate, I don't use all of the CS6 Suite of applications, but wouldn;t you know it's always the ones I NEED that fail?!?!! AI, PS, FW, DW, and ID are my main tools...

*** update, that worked, I am back to running Illustrator 16.0.0 *** at least no crash... going to check a few of the others to see if they still work...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

I too had the exact same problem, all the solutions above are simply time wasters. (i.e. read error logs and installing Adobe Support Advisor, really? I have to do all that because of a simple upgrade?)  Hopefully Adobe will remedy this problem very soon.

Yes, reinstalling via Time Machine worked for me too. It has the be the installer hosing up the app.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 11:36 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

I SOLVED THE PROBLEN UNINSTALLING ILUSTRATOR  AND THE RE INSTALLING  AND IT WORKS FINE

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 2:29 PM   in reply to Vrijlansier

Same problem. Updater came up today, so I tried again same result:

PLEASE adobe get this fixed!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 1:00 AM   in reply to John Sowden

Did the whole uninstall then reinstall thing. Working smoothly now.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 5:24 PM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Same problem here - is anybody else using MacKeeper? I've heard that it is the culprit - deletes a .plist file that is required to update Illustrator. Have no idea which one, or why, or how to fix it. I hope Adobe weighs in here...if this is the case and they are aware of it, could they perhaps post a link with instructions on replacing it?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 6:55 PM   in reply to kariloumc

Same Problem :-(   MacBook Pro and using MacKeeper  - All other CS apps open/work EXCEPT Illustrator which the program that I do 95% of my work in!   NOT a happy camper right now.

Extension Manager 6.0.4 Update

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 9:28 PM   in reply to HunterdonRealty

I have MacKeeper on my iMac and MBP. Sounds like an idea to uninstall version 2.3.1 of MacKeeper and try the download again - Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 10:34 PM   in reply to kariloumc

I had the same problem, and I use Mac Keeper. That may be the reason...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 4:51 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Same problem, MacKeeper!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 7:20 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

Hello All,

So the deed is done, I have isolated the problem to be MacKeeper's Fast Cleanup function. I am not sure, which file it is that it deletes that causes this, but I am sure that once you run it Adobe CS6 Illustrator update will fail. I've uninstalled Illustrator when the update failed and reinstalled it and was able to perform the update successfully. Then in an attempt to isolate this problem I uninstalled Illustrator again and then reinstalled it, but prior to running the update I ran the Fast Cleanup function on MacKeeper and what do you know the update failed again. I have been in contact with Trey from MacKeeper support, who remains interested in getting all the details to get this resolved on their end. He did refund my order and left my license active for a year, which I found to be ok. Although, I am not sure exactly what to do with that given that I wont be using it to prevent this from happening.

Thanks,

Rich

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 7:25 AM   in reply to Gilles Pellerin

I have the same problem. Dreamweaver's update installed fine though. I don't even know what MacKeeper is. 

Photoshop 13.1 for Creative Cloud

Here's my list of installed applications:

cd /Applications

ls

./                               Dashboard.app/                   Preview.app/

../                              Dictionary.app/                  QuickTime Player.app/

.DS_Store                        Divvy.app/                       QuikIO.app/

.localized                       Dropbox.app/                     Reminders.app/

1Password.app/                   Droplr.app/                      Remote Desktop Connection.app/

Adobe/                           Espresso.app/                    Safari.app/

Adobe Bridge CS6/                Evernote.app/                    Sauce.app/

Adobe Dreamweaver CS6/           FaceTime.app/                    Sip.app/

Adobe Edge Code Preview.app/     Firefox.app/                     Skitch.app/

Adobe Edge Inspect.app/          Flux.app/                        Skype.app/

Adobe Extension Manager CS6/     Font Book.app/                   Spotify.app/

Adobe Illustrator CS6/           Found.app/                       Stickies.app/

Adobe Muse.app/                  FreeMemory Pro.app/              Sublime Text 2.app/

Adobe Photoshop CS6/             Game Center.app/                 SugarSync.app/

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.app/ Geekbench.app/                   Suitcase Fusion 4.app/

Adobe Revel.app/                 GitHub.app/                      SuperDuper!.app/

Alfred.app/                      GitX.app/                        System Preferences.app/

Amazon Cloud Drive.app/          Google Chrome Canary.app/        TextEdit.app/

Android Apps@                    Google Chrome.app/               TextMate.app/

Anvil.app/                       Hammer Trial.app/                Time Machine.app/

App Store.app/                   Image Capture.app/               Tower.app/

AppCleaner.app/                  ImageOptim.app/                  Transmit.app/

Archive Utility.app*             Kindle.app/                      Twitter.app/

Automator.app/                   Last.fm.app/                     Ubuntu One.app/

Backblaze.app/                   Launchpad.app/                   Utilities/

Bartender.app/                   LightTable.app/                  VirtualBox.app/

Brackets Sprint 16.app/          LiveReload.app/                  WebFonts/

Brackets Sprint 17.app/          MacVim.app@                      WebKit.app/

Brightness Slider.app/           Mail.app/                        WebStorm.app/

CCleaner.app/                    Messages.app/                    Wi-Fi Diagnostics.app*

Calculator.app/                  Microsoft Communicator.app/      Windows Phone.app/

Calendar.app/                    Microsoft Messenger.app/         Woven Uploader.app/

Carbon Copy Cloner.app/          Microsoft Office 2011/           Xcode.app/

Charles.app/                     Microsoft Silverlight@           Xcode46-DP1.app/

Chess.app/                       Mission Control.app/             Xcode46-DP2.app/

Chocolat.app/                    Mou.app/                         Xmarks for Safari.app/

Chromium.app/                    MyShoebox.app/                   eclipse/

Coda 2.app/                      NetNewsWire.app/                 iOS Simulator.app@

CodeKit.app/                     Notes.app/                       iPhoto.app/

Colloquy.app/                    Opera Mobile Emulator.app/       iTerm.app/

ColorSchemer Studio 2.app/       Opera Next.app/                  iTunes.app/

ColorSchemer Studio.app/         Opera.app/                       iWork '09/

Contacts.app/                    Photo Booth.app/

DVD Player.app/                  Pocket.app/

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to kevinSuttle

It looks like you have CCleaner, do you use that application frequently. That type of application may be searching/scanning and finding the same files that MacKeeper is and deleting them.

Rich

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 3:28 PM   in reply to Machine2240

I don't use it very often, every few months maybe. I've been able to install updates before, so I'm not sure what it could be. I'd like to avoid uninstall/reinstall, and I don't think that's going to help since the update hasn't been applied yet. Any other ideas?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points