Adobe Premiere Elements 11

When trying to open (load) Adobe Premiere Elements 11 video editing

there is an error

ERROR

LoadLibrary with error 126

Specified part cannot be found

I had same problem with Adobe 8 and same now with Adobe 11

What to do

or do I return product back, refunding money?

(I did buy it to day)

Greetings

kari

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2012 8:20 AM   in reply to Samsung Syncmastert260hd

Hi, kari. PRE has its own forum and you'll find more people there who can help with this. I'll move your post there for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to Samsung Syncmastert260hd

Welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with that particular error, but from the rest of the text mentioned in it, it seems that a Library (usually a .dll file), did not install properly, and PrE cannot find it. I would uninstall PrE, and then re-install it, making sure that no other programs, like anti-virus, etc., is running - less likely on a Mac, than on a PC, but still, during installation, I would turn OFF anything else. Test.

Adobe offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee, from date of purchase, so you have a month to explore the program. Just watch the calendar, if you decide to return the program.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Though not for PrE, that error seems to point to an issue with the OpenGL driver for an AMD/ATI video card, as per this thread: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr4_crashs_with_ loadlibrary_failed_with_error_126_on_video_playback

That was for Lightroom, and I found similar for Photoshop. All point to the AMD driver, and the OpenGL support. Do you have an AMD/ATI video card, say in the Radeon line?

With Mac's, the video drivers are usually updated, when one updates the Mac OS (that driver update is a separate operation on a PC), so if you have not updated your Mac OS, I would do that first.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 8:34 AM   in reply to Samsung Syncmastert260hd

As AMD/ATI makes video cards for both PC and Mac, I could well imagine that there could be an issue with the OpenGL video driver, on each platform.

Does your Mac have an AMD/ATI video card/chip? Did you PC have an AMD/ATI video card/chip?

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] I see that we were typing at the same time. With the Radeon card/chip, I would make sure to have the updates for your Mac OS. Not knowing Mac's, I do not know if you can download and install just the AMD/ATI driver on a Mac. Maybe a Mac-user can help us both here.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 11:30 PM   in reply to Samsung Syncmastert260hd

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 6:41 AM   in reply to VDOSurfer

Ah, another thread pointing to the AMD/ATI driver. Thanks for posting that link.

Seems that there is a problem with the driver.

Good luck to the OP,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to Samsung Syncmastert260hd

Kari,

Sorry for the issues that you have had. I am still waiting to read more reports from the field, before I move to Win8. For an OS, I usually wait until at least the first SP for it, from MS. I find that new OS's do have "growing pains," and no longer wish to devote a lot of time troubleshooting my OS.

Good luck & happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 12:15 PM   in reply to Samsung Syncmastert260hd

As mentioned in another post - the 126 error is caused by the Win8 standard driver (and of course Premiere).

Without uninstalling Premiere, just download the ATI Legacy Driver for Win8, install "Caralyst", which will restore the ATI driver for Win8 applications. Then restart Premiere.

The ATI legacy driver for Win8 appears to function for all Win8 programs and added software.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points