Skip navigation
Powell10
Currently Being Moderated

Converting webpages, etc., with Acrobat X Standard

Dec 11, 2012 9:09 AM

Tags: #pdf #to #convert #web_pages

I remember seeing an email message recently saying that the function to convert webpages and other types of media to Adobe PDF documents would not be available after January 1, 2013. I have lost the email. Is this true? Why?

Jacpowell

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2012 9:51 AM   in reply to Powell10

Can't find anything about that. Is it possible you saw this email?

Dear Creative Suite customer:

We want to make sure you're aware of an important change to Adobe's upgrade policy that may affect you.

Beginning January 1, 2013, only Creative Suite customers with licenses for CS5 or CS5.5 versions will qualify for upgrade pricing to CS6.

Due to this change, we will only continue offering CS3 and CS4 customers like you special upgrade pricing through December 31, 2012.*

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 3:40 PM   in reply to Powell10

If that is the message you saw, I can't imagine any way to see a connection between what it is about - upgrade pricing - and what you want to do - make PDF files.  When it talks about upgrade pricing it is talking about people who might, in the future, pay for an upgrade, and whether they will get a special price.

But I've no idea, indeed, why you would get the message, if that's the one you got.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 3:55 PM   in reply to Powell10

I cannot understand why you are asking this question.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 4:10 PM   in reply to Powell10

Well, I won't try to answer a question I don't understand. Perhaps someone else will have a go. Perhaps you'll find that email, seems kind of important.

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 21, 2013 1:28 AM   in reply to Powell10

The message you saw was likely in relation to Workspaces (formerly Acrobat.com) - http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2801

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points