Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

13.0.2 update / layer comps refresh issue

Dec 11, 2012 8:03 AM

Tags: #photoshop #issue #workspace #cs6 #refresh #high_cpu_usage #layer_comps

Hello,

FYI, I'm experiencing strange layer comps behaviors since Photoshop 13.0.2 update, on an existing .psd file. If some comps are correctly rendered, some others are not refreshed: layers visibility is not updated, workspace seems to be frozen, using for instance the magnifier tool to zoom in/out renders a completely white workspace, and moving then my mouse pointer above it only refreshes its lower half part (a little bit more actually). Moreover, Photoshop CPU consumption becomes quite high as long as I stay on such composition (around 50% CPU instead of 2% compared to working comps).

I've tried to disable GPU from Photoshop preferences, but it didn't fix the issue. Machine is a mid-2010 17" MBP w/ i7@2.66. No problem with the same .psd file before upgrading to 13.0.2.

Cheers,

el'

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2012 8:16 AM   in reply to el Fakir

The released information about 13.0.2 update mentions no changes other than Retina support. I suggest you go back to 13.0.1 since you don't have a Retina display.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to el Fakir

The ease of doing a rollback will depend on how you've been keeping your system backed up. Adobe software scatters files in many locations of the system volume. I would uninstall and re-install Ps CS6 and apply the 13.0.1 update.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 1:36 PM   in reply to conroy

Let us know if the update roll-back helps. We may also want to take a look at your file if issue persist.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 2:29 PM   in reply to el Fakir

Haven't had a chance to contact Barry about your file. We know of an issue between the Bevel and Emboss Layer Style and the 13.0.2 update. Could your behavior be tied to this in some way.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 4:07 PM   in reply to el Fakir

Please send the file to bnemecek [AT] adobe [DOT] com

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 9:57 AM   in reply to el Fakir

It might be caused by the layer styles bug which was fixed in 13.0.3. (and I'm guessing that's what Brett wanted to check)

And you definitely should install the 13.0.3 update.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 10:09 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

I'm not seeing an issue with the Layer Comps of your file in 13.0.3

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)