Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I am unable to see the Photoshop 13.1 and Illustrator 16.2 update

Dec 13, 2012 5:02 PM

I have started this thread for users who are facing difficulty locating the Photoshop 13.1 and Illustrator 16.2 update.  Please begin by going to Help>Deactivate and then close and reopen Photoshop.  When you reopen please choose the License this Software option and enter the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.  If you are asked for a serial number please contact our support team to verify your subscription status. 

You can find additional details and troubleshooting steps to perform at Updates not available for Creative Cloud products - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/updates-available-creative-cl oud-products.html.

If you continue to face difficulties please respond to this thread with the operating system you are using and which updates you are unable to locate.

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2012 8:42 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I click Update in the Help menu and the dialog tells me:  ""Your applications are all up to date as checked."

Also ran Adobe Application Manager and it tells me that Photoshop is "installed" and doesn't mention an update.

I have PSCS6 Extended on Win 7 x64.  Version is 13.0.1.  I do not have a Cloud License.

RON C

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 5:00 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff -

Are you saying that if I'm paying $20 per month for Photoshop CS6 subscription, this update is not for me, unless I also subscribe to Creative Cloud?

At this point, "Deactivate" is inactive in the Help menu (cannot click on it).

Checking for an update still tells me I'm all up to date. (Running 13.0.1).

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 5:02 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

And, by the way, I have received an email from Adobe yesterday, stating "New features available for Photoshop subscribers". So this does not seem to be what you're saying about the Creative Cloud subscription.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Followed all of the instructions above.  1 - Deactivate Photoshop, 2 - Restart Photoshop, 3 - Enter Creative Cloud Membership credentials.

Then I went to Help > Updates.  Nothing again.  These steps did not resolve anything for me.

Here is my system info

I am paying for adobe creative cloud.  What is the deal?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 6:59 AM   in reply to Alex Motrenko

I can't see either PS 13.1 or AI 16.2 on my laptop (secondary install), installs/updates worked on primary workstation. PS and AI install as demos even though it recognizes my Adobe ID in the license dialog. Seems that maybe the problem might lie in the fact that they are being licensed as demos (in fact I am now seeing the PS 13.02 update in my updater).

I have deactivated/reactived several times - but most of the time it simply states that the software demo/tryout will be registered to my Adobe acct with no option to license via my Cloud subscription. One time it even thanked me for activating my Cloud subscription, but is still loading as a demo.

Tips and or help please!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 9:26 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Got an answer from Support.

"please uninstall both the Adobe Photoshop CS6 and the Illustrator CS6 and then re-install them."

Can you even think of another monthly software subscription that requires full uninstalls for a single update?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 9:49 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thank you, Jeff. That is good to hear. But what can I / should I do to be able to see and install the update?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 2:57 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Good morning. I not able to see the upgrade of Photoshop 13.1 (Windows 7).  I've tried both to deactivate and reactivate the licence (creative cluod)  and uninstall and reinstall Photoshop, but nothing change.

When I lunch the upgrade software (Application Manager), the service say that everithing is updated. I've contact the support team, but no one is able to help me.

Thanks in advance for you interest. Bye

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 10:02 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Not able to see the 13.1 update (windows 7 64bit, just like everyone else.)

Sat for 2 hourts on support with no one able to help me.  Only suggestion is to uninstall all adobe programs and wip the system clean.  This is going to tale half the day, so haven't tried it yet.

Honestly, you can't keep using this as a solution for every user.  Someone needs to come  up with a fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 10:15 AM   in reply to poolsideboy

It appears that adobe is so concerned about not letting people have the 13.1 update, that they are blocking several legitimate users.  Great for adobe, bad for the paid client.  There's no point in paying for updates that adobe won't let you have.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 10:23 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Adobe's support team on this issue had been completely useless.  No idea how to address or fix the issue - so let's just make users uninstall everything.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to tylerhowarth

here is the solution I got after 2 hours of support and letting them take over my computer:

Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:45:02 AM PST

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Technical Support.

Please un-install whole product and install again.

Procedure to follow:

1. un-install whole thing and remove Adobe Application Manager.

2. Then run cleaner tool and remove all CCM products.

3. Then restart the computer.

4. Then install Adobe Application Manager.

5. Then install the products and update the products.

Feel free to contact us back if there is any issues again.

Thank you,

Yuvakanth,

Adobe Technical Support.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 10:37 AM   in reply to poolsideboy

wouldn't it be simpler to just give me the update after all that?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Deactivating and reactivating does not make update appear.  Have tried this several times.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Okay, this keeps getting worse.  I unistalled all programs like I was told to do and ran the adobe cleaner.

I downloaded photoshop through a new version of adobe manager  It took an hour to receive the file.

Now it says:

Unable to extract the files contact customer support. ex20

So Now I  have NO programs rather than just being unable to update. 

I have a critical project to work on and Adobe is blocking me entirely.  Please Help.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 4:41 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff A Wright wrote:

I have stated this thread for users who are facing difficulty locating the Photoshop 13.1 and Illustrator 16.2 update.  Please begin by going to Help>Deactivate and then close and reopen Photoshop.  When you reopen please choose the License this Software option and enter the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.  If you are asked for a serial number please contact our support team to verify your subscription status. 

You can find additional details and troubleshooting steps to perform at Updates not available for Creative Cloud products - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/updates-available-creative-cl oud-products.html.

If you continue to face difficulties please respond to this thread with the operating system you are using and which updates you are unable to locate.

First off, I've got one Creative Cloud product, Muse.  My CS6 Design/Web Premium was physical install.  From inside the Photoshop app, it shows no updates - even though Adobe has a stand alone download of Photoshop 13.0.2 - but downloading it and trying to install gives an error.  Using the Application Manager inside (Mac OS) Utilities/Application Manager/core/Application Manager shows all my CS6 apps as a "Try" download - no updates.  There is, however, an update for Muse, Edge Animate, Creative Cloud Collection, and Touch App Plugins (all say "Install" - not update) but all (Try & Install) download but fail to install with various errors.  I've posted them in another thread.  I've also submitted a Support Request about this.  Something is off.

Tom

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 5:32 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I did reply to that, am waiting for a response from you.  Take a look...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 8:30 PM   in reply to poolsideboy

I uninstalled both Photoshop and Illustrator CS6 from my computer.  After reinstalling them, the updates are still unavailable.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 7:01 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I can't seem to get the updates to work but I think there might be something else at work in my case. I just had to recover my Mac from TimeMachine and now the Adobe updater will not start for me at all. When I try to deactivate Photoshop as you instructed it does not take. Is there some other kind of udpate that I need to run.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2012 3:35 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I have the same problem.  About Photoshop... shows 13.0.1  When I click Help, Updates, the dialog says "Your applications are all up-to-date..."  I tried to Deactivate and sign back in again - it made no difference.  I'm not interested in spending hours uninstalling and reinstalling all this software.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

You mean this screen? I have been through all of your steps, instructions, and recommendations multiple times. 

Screen Shot 2012-12-17 at 10.06.31 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2012 10:44 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff, I think we got crossed between threads, my screen does not display the "Subscription" part of the creative cloud message! It diplays the same as the one above that Tylerhowarth has posted! What is the difference between "Creative Cloud" and "Creative Cloud Subscription"

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2012 2:46 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff, I am a Creative Cloud subscriber who can not see the 13.1 update...  However, my screen shows "Creative Cloud" not "Creative Cloud Membership".  What is the best way to contact support on this issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 6:28 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Same problem here, have uninstalled and re-installed my full suite 5 times now, i've gone through every thread and fix i've found on the forum and still my updater will not show the photoshop 13.1 update and yes i am a creative cloud subscriber, i seem to be spending more time trying to fix the software than actually using it!!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff, yes looks exactly the same as in the posted image. Also forgot to mention i'm running on windows 7 and not mac.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points