• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am unable to see the Photoshop 13.1 and Illustrator 16.2 update

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started this thread for users who are facing difficulty locating the Photoshop 13.1 and Illustrator 16.2 update.  Please begin by going to Help>Deactivate and then close and reopen Photoshop.  When you reopen please choose the License this Software option and enter the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.  If you are asked for a serial number please contact our support team to verify your subscription status. 

You can find additional details and troubleshooting steps to perform at Updates not available for Creative Cloud products - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/updates-available-creative-cloud-products.html.

If you continue to face difficulties please respond to this thread with the operating system you are using and which updates you are unable to locate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click Update in the Help menu and the dialog tells me:  ""Your applications are all up to date as checked."

Also ran Adobe Application Manager and it tells me that Photoshop is "installed" and doesn't mention an update.

I have PSCS6 Extended on Win 7 x64.  Version is 13.0.1.  I do not have a Cloud License.

RON C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These updates are only applicable to Creative Cloud subscribers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff -

Are you saying that if I'm paying $20 per month for Photoshop CS6 subscription, this update is not for me, unless I also subscribe to Creative Cloud?

At this point, "Deactivate" is inactive in the Help menu (cannot click on it).

Checking for an update still tells me I'm all up to date. (Running 13.0.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, by the way, I have received an email from Adobe yesterday, stating "New features available for Photoshop subscribers". So this does not seem to be what you're saying about the Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see either PS 13.1 or AI 16.2 on my laptop (secondary install), installs/updates worked on primary workstation. PS and AI install as demos even though it recognizes my Adobe ID in the license dialog. Seems that maybe the problem might lie in the fact that they are being licensed as demos (in fact I am now seeing the PS 13.02 update in my updater).

I have deactivated/reactived several times - but most of the time it simply states that the software demo/tryout will be registered to my Adobe acct with no option to license via my Cloud subscription. One time it even thanked me for activating my Cloud subscription, but is still loading as a demo.

Tips and or help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alex Motrenko you should also be applicable for the updates as you do have subscription.  Users who have purchased a perpetual version of Photoshop or Illustrator would not have access to these updates.  My apologies for the confusion.

@Tylerhowarth and MikeHoium as previously stated if you are not seeing the update please contact our support team.  You will need to provide personal information to verify the subscription status which would not be appropriate to share in a public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got an answer from Support.

"please uninstall both the Adobe Photoshop CS6 and the Illustrator CS6 and then re-install them."

Can you even think of another monthly software subscription that requires full uninstalls for a single update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff. That is good to hear. But what can I / should I do to be able to see and install the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyler and Alex you will want to continue to work with the support team and have your cases escalated as necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's support team on this issue had been completely useless.  No idea how to address or fix the issue - so let's just make users uninstall everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the solution I got after 2 hours of support and letting them take over my computer:

Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:45:02 AM PST

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Technical Support.

Please un-install whole product and install again.

Procedure to follow:

1. un-install whole thing and remove Adobe Application Manager.

2. Then run cleaner tool and remove all CCM products.

3. Then restart the computer.

4. Then install Adobe Application Manager.

5. Then install the products and update the products.

Feel free to contact us back if there is any issues again.

Thank you,

Yuvakanth,

Adobe Technical Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wouldn't it be simpler to just give me the update after all that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try implementing the steps listed within Updates not available for Creative Cloud products - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/updates-available-creative-cloud-products.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating and reactivating does not make update appear.  Have tried this several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poolsideboy can you please post the case number from your interaction with our support team so that I may review the steps our support agents had you perform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Poolsideboy.  If you go to Photoshop and select Help>Deactivate does it indicate a Creative Cloud Membership?  Please see the attached screen shot for an example.

Deactivate screen copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this keeps getting worse.  I unistalled all programs like I was told to do and ran the adobe cleaner.

I downloaded photoshop through a new version of adobe manager  It took an hour to receive the file.

Now it says:

Unable to extract the files contact customer support. ex20

So Now I  have NO programs rather than just being unable to update. 

I have a critical project to work on and Adobe is blocking me entirely.  Please Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled both Photoshop and Illustrator CS6 from my computer.  After reinstalling them, the updates are still unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tylerhowarth please see message #21.  Only if the screen is displaying Creative Cloud Membership will you have access to the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean this screen? I have been through all of your steps, instructions, and recommendations multiple times. 

Screen Shot 2012-12-17 at 10.06.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tylerhowarth yes your screen is not displaying properly which is likely why you can not see the 13.1 update.  You mentioned you tried everything in this thread so there seems to be no need for you to try Deactivating and reactivating again.

Instead please contact our support team so they can work directly with you and verify your subscription status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I think we got crossed between threads, my screen does not display the "Subscription" part of the creative cloud message! It diplays the same as the one above that Tylerhowarth has posted! What is the difference between "Creative Cloud" and "Creative Cloud Subscription"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Tylerhowarth yes your screen is not displaying properly which is likely why you can not see the 13.1 update.  You mentioned you tried everything in this thread so there seems to be no need for you to try Deactivating and reactivating again.

Instead please contact our support team so they can work directly with you and verify your subscription status.

My Deactivation screen is also not showing all the CS6 suite application, of note the two in question over these discussion - Photoshop & Illustrator.  I'll give the support team a contact and see if we can figure it out.  BTW, reinstallation-deactivation-activation, etc., have had no positive change so I guess there's no way but to do that.  Odd that the installation on my desktop has had none of these issues - same suite installed.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines