Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore - Lots of menu categories but no content for buttons/images/bkgds/text/shapes

Dec 11, 2012 11:02 AM

Working in Encore CS6 on the PC I notice there are lots of menu categories (Corp, Education, Entertainment,General,etc) but no content for buttons/images/bkgds/text/shapes.

I just down loaded and installled the CS 6 functional content for Encore. And yet it seems severely lacking in the categories I mentioned.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2012 11:26 AM   in reply to lasvideo

Yes, a real pain. The file is so big (even compressed twice), they no longer include it without going after it.

The link at the top of the Encore forum page takes you to a link for all the buttons etc.:

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/using/download-library-content.html

You did the functional content install, which is good; just not enough.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to lasvideo

Im surprised this wasnt included in the  disks I purchased for CS6 . Oh well....

Given the "split" from all functional content in one supplemental file to the now 2, I don't think they would have included this part anyway. Still not know why they did it this way.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 11:39 AM   in reply to lasvideo

>surprised this wasnt included in the disks

My OPINION (no facts, I don't work for Adobe) is that CS6 was released to hit a pre-determined date, not when the product was 100% ready... so some parts were issued later

This is based on comments in the discussion thread about the help-as-PDF not being ready until after the product was released... which I think also extended to parts of the actual product also not being ready

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 12:17 PM   in reply to John T Smith

<SPECULATION>i agree with the probably not ready, but I suspect a larger issue here with adobe's continuing to change the location of functional content on install media (vs not on media at all), the content, and the scope of what is routinely included as functional content. I'm not sure they really intend to always include the full range of what we expect as the Encore library.</SPECULATION>

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points