Skip navigation
evilschultz
Currently Being Moderated

AE 5.5 Project Won't Render Fields

Dec 11, 2012 2:54 PM

Hey guys, having an odd issue with AE 5.5 that I cannot seem to get straightened out. Typically, I take in an Avid DNxHD 220mbit 1080i60 Quicktime export into AE, Interpret Footage to be 29.97, Upper Field First and check off preserve quality, do my comping, export with the setting separate fields Upper Field First and it goes back in the Avid seamlessly. Done this on TONS of shots with no issues. I have one comp where for some reason it only wants to render progressive, I see it rendering U and L but L is just a repeat of U, not actually interlaced. I can open the same footage in the same AE project and step through the fields and see that it is interpolating correctly. It's the same type of QT I always get, no effects being used that I don't normally (Warp Stabilizer and a few shape objects is all in this one), etc, etc. Anyone ever have that issue or know of some random thing you can do in AE to cause this? I've checked that everything is interpolated correctly, the comp is 29.97 and everything I can think of. Thanks for any suggestions.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2012 2:06 PM   in reply to evilschultz

Double-check the export from Avid: any field order issues?

Double-check the clip's codec: different than normal?

Double-check AE settings: anything out of the ordinary?

Any new hardware or drivers?

SOMETHING'S got to be different to mess up just a single clip....

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2012 12:36 AM   in reply to evilschultz

Shape layers are definitely not the culprit. If at all, this is probably a problem caused by multiple settings and effects. also it could simply be an issue with a temporal effect you use - anything from time stretch to Timewarp. you may simply have used unfavorable values there that quantize the interpolated output to the same field, which you do not see while working in AE since it doesn't do fields in the comp.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points