Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I am having problems applying the Illustrator 16.2 update

Dec 11, 2012 11:47 AM

This thread has been created for users facing difficulties applying the Illustrator 16.2 update.  Please begin by reviewing your installation logs to attempt to locate the point of failure.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret your installation log at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 -http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html.

If you need assistance with reviewing your log please utilize the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ and choose the package for support option.  If you can then respond to this thread with the operating system you are using and your token number a Adobe employee can then assist with reviewing your installation logs.

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2012 11:20 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

fix the first link

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 4:12 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Please help. Running in a MAC token: 40-73477-153011122012

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 3:12 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Actualización de Adobe Illustrator CS6 (versión 16.2.0)

Error de instalación. Código de error: U44M1P7

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2012 1:04 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Good morning,

I have trouble installing the 16.2.0 update as well. I ran Adobe Support Advisor and here is the token returned by the application:

40-23495-024416122012

Other applications have been updated without problems. ASA tells me that there's a problem with validation of the pre-chrome licence (translated from French, I hope you see what it means). It seems to have a link with Creative Suite 5. I'm a bit surprised as I uninstalled CS5 as cleanly as possible (using the maccs5clean script).

I'm working on a 17" MacBook Pro (Early 2011) with Mac OS X 10.8.2.

Regards,

Damien

Message was edited by: Shralldam (added operating system).

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2012 7:27 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff,

I uninstalled Illustrator then installed it again, and the update went fine. Thank you very much!

I recently replaced my internal hard disk with a SSD and needed to optimize space occupied by applications, so I ran an utility that strips unneccessary code from programs. Apparently it's the reason why Illustrator couldn't update itself, as you said.

Thank you again for yoyr help,

Damien

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I used XSlimmer from LateNiteSoft.

There's a blacklist inside the app that prevents to run it on software known to be broken after the "shrink" process. Illustrator CS6 wasn't it the list… Maybe they should update it.

Regards,

Damien

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points