Skip navigation
imamkevin
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator changing orientation and size of prints.

Dec 11, 2012 11:42 AM

Tags: #illustrator #problem #error #issue #adobe #bug #printing #printer #cs6 #xerox

I just recently got a new computer for work and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64 bit along with a newly upgraded CS6 Illustrator. I am now unable to print correctly. I have a Xerox Phaser 8860 printer that is being used over the network. What happens when I print is in the print preview, everything is according to how it should be. However once printed the file gets rotated and it seems to only want to print on one half of the page. I have copied the exact same settings as were on my computer before upgrading to CS6 with no luck.

I have also tried the following:

Re-installing CS 6

Re-installing printer drivers

Reseting printer spool

Deleting printer from registry

Trying every possible correction in printer drivers as well as printer dialog from Illustrator

I have also noticed that it prints the same way in Adobe Acrobat X as well. It was printing this way in Photoshop as well but that seems to have corrected itself through all the other troubleshooting I've done.

I have no orphan paths outside the artboard. This also prints the same way across any and all files. However I can save the file as an image and print that fine, it prints from websites fine, everything works as normal outside of Illustrator.

I haven't been able to come across any fixes here or anywhere else or anyone else with a similiar problem. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2012 1:32 AM   in reply to imamkevin

It's more likely someone has hardwired some new peper sizes in the printer's local settings and when you select auto mode, it picks the wrong paer and orientation...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to imamkevin

I would check versions of the driver on the various computers, making sure yours matches the others.

If they are the same, you can try setting the printer, page size, and orientation in the Page Setup dialogue first, before setting anything else. Then set your other options as normal, except set page size to Defined By Driver. If this works, at least you'd be able to print.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 12:12 PM   in reply to imamkevin

I see things, but I don't know that they would affect the output. -- I see you've listed 9 x 11 as the page size, but the screenshot shows 8.5 x 11. Is the paper size 8.5 x 11? What is the Illustrator document size? Do you need Fit To Page on? Is there perhaps something you don't see that might be in your Illustrator document?

I think what I would do is go to one of the computers that's printing properly and watch as someone else prints to the printer (have them print your file). Sorry, that's all I've got.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 12:45 PM   in reply to imamkevin

Way to go, Kevin. That reminds me that, years ago, it was a requirement for one (or more) of the Adobe apps that a printer be installed before installing the application.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points