Skip navigation
cindysilas2
Currently Being Moderated

how to fix: photos are behaving erratic or connected to each other

Dec 11, 2012 7:33 PM

Please help as I'm stymied! My Mac PS CS5.5, vs. 12.1 is behaving strange when more than one photo is open. I don't like tabs, so I've turned that off in preferences. I need to have several photos open at once, and like to spread them over the desktop to see them all at the same time. When I click on one photo, the others are behaving erratically: some are changing to show the same photo I clicked on or part of it. It's as if each window is connected. How do I turn that off or otherwise fix the problem, so that I can view each individual photo and even make changes to it, without it effecting the other open photos?

I have already tried rebooting and deleting the settings file by booting PS while holding down the command, option, and shift buttons. And I checked for updates, but looks like I have the latest.

Thx, Cindy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2012 7:33 PM   in reply to cindysilas2

It sounds like not enough resourses, either memory or underpowered video card.  Did it work in the past?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 7:51 PM   in reply to cindysilas2

You may run into problems with starving the computer if you ramp up memory usage too high.  Don't know about a Mac but with a Windows machine it is recommended the computer gets at least 2 gigs.  But 6 gigs of RAM should be OK unless your images are huge.

If you have the latest version of the OS with a Mac that is all you can do for latest drivers.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 7:57 PM   in reply to cindysilas2

In preferences/performance uncheck "use graphics processor".  If it works better this way your graphics card or driver is insufficient.

Will work this way, just may loose a few bells and whistles.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 8:26 PM   in reply to cindysilas2

Great!  Yes, forgot to say you could tweek the settings, but looks like you beat me to it.  Depending on graphics card it may be just an update, but also may just be too old for the new game.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points