After upgrading to Windows 7, the Editior function on my Photoshop Elements 6 program stopped working. I have tried the following: Run as Administrator. No success. Compatibility Troubleshoot. No success. Reinstalling. No Success. Anyone have any suggestions?
Please try the below solutions-
1. Close Elements.
2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Editor.
3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.
2: In case any network printer is attached try to launch without network or printer uninstall or make different printer as default.
3: Try launching with anti-virus off or removing PSE from conflicting list.
4. Try launching directly from the exe of editor and organizer and see if it gets launches-
Editor - c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe
I would like you to do a clean reinstall and then check. Follow the below steps to do a clean reinstall
1. Do a normal uninstallation from the control panel.
2. Go to C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\11.0 and delete everything there
3. Go to "C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport" and delete everything there.
4. Go to "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\11.0" and delete everything there.
5 Install PSE again.
6. Launch it after a restart of system.