Skip navigation
Cable639
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop 10 Will Not Print to HP Deskjet 9650

Dec 11, 2012 7:44 PM

Tags: #hp #win #deskjet #9650 #7-64

My computer is running Win 7-64.  There is 96 GB free space on drive C. This is a new computer with the HP 9650 being connected for the first time.

Printing to HP Deskjet 9650 will not work for Photoshop.  Printing to a HP Deskjet 970 does work.

The HP 9650 is connected with a USB cable.  A test page printed from Tool Box prints as expected.  Printing works from Windows Photo Viewer.

Printing of the same document that successfully printed using Windows Photo Viewer does not work from Adobe Photoshop Elements 10.  Attempts to print documents from MS Word (MS Office 2010), Adobe pdf viewer, Fire Fox, or Windows Internet Explorer do not work.

The Power light on the HP 9650 blinks seeming to indicate that the print job is being processed. But printing never occurs. Sometimes "Photoshop Elements Printing: not responding" is displayed.  Other times no error messages are  displayed on the computer monitor.  Other programs mentioned above do not display an error message.

After several minutes the Power Light is on steady and the Resume Light begins to blink a steady on and off. Pressing the Resume light switch changes nothing.

HP 9650 printer manual speaks of the meaning of the combination of Power-Light-on steady and Resume-Light-blinking.  I think it is easy to eliminate the printer waiting for special media to dry as plain paper is being used and this same media was used successfully printed from Windows Photo Viewer. Printer is not out of paper. Printing job was not a banner, I/O stall is considered not a problem since the test page printed and a document can be printed from Windows Photo Viewer. Even though printer set up page was configured for "Automatic" tray selection, a manual load from rear was tried with no change.  That seems to eliminate the printer waiting for a manual feed load.

The above leaves only a "media mismatch" being the problem according to the printers manual. I have gone over the printer page setup dozens of times and find no media mismatch.  If there was a media mismatch it likely would be present when printing the same document from Windows Photo Viewer.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 13, 2012 3:03 PM   in reply to Cable639

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop Elements forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points