Skip navigation
Creative SOB
Currently Being Moderated

Batch convert eps to ai

Dec 11, 2012 11:36 PM

I need to batch convert thousands of eps files organized in numerous sub-directories to ai files.  Here's what I've tried so far:

I've tried running a script to convert them to pdf since I couldn't find one to convert to ai but I wasn't sure if that was a good thing and the script couldn't run through sub-directories

I also tried creating an action in Illustrator CS6 which allowed me to target sub-directories but then it converted everything... (jpg, gif, etc).  I don't know how to limit the action to eps files only

Finally, I purchased a program called ReaConverter that allows me to scan sub folders and target eps files but it's not embedding any thumbnail information

The reason I want to convert all my eps files to ai is so I can tag them with keywords in Adobe Bridge.  Is there any reason why I shouldn't convert my eps files to ai or pdf?  Is there any benefits or difference between converting them to ai or pdf?

I never thought something like this would be this complicated but if anyone has any experience with this your help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points