Skip navigation
austinmarti
Currently Being Moderated

Blotchiness on final render/export -- WHY?!!?

Dec 11, 2012 10:35 PM

Take a look at the end, starting at about 5:24.

https://vimeo.com/55421177

It gets blotchy while it's fading to brown, and then even worse once it hits brown.

I'm rendering as:

H.264

Target bitrate: 15 MB/s

Max bitrate: 40 MB/s

29.97 fps

1920 x 1080 px

Key Frame Distance: 60

Now why in the world am I still getting this blotchy crap? I mean what do I need to do to get rid of it? I've already tried higher and lower Key Frame Distances. Bitrate shouldn't be an issue, as far as I know.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to austinmarti

I'm not even seeing the blotchies unless I actually pause the playback. Could be system dependent (streaming speed, etc.)

Your bitrates seem designed for Blu-ray rather than streaming, way too high. I don't upload to Vimeo, but do they re-encode your material? How does the exported file look if you play it back directly on your computer, rather than through Vimeo?

My suggestion would be to try the Vimeo 1080p preset in AME, which is showing 5mbps data rate and 30 frame keyframing and see what that does. More is not always better.

Also, as the video starts to fade down at the end, there is suddenly a brightness shift, image gets brighter, might want to look at the edit and see why that is happening. That definitely jumped out at me, but did NOT see blotchies.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points