Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Job Type drop down menu missing something...

Dec 12, 2012 6:23 AM

This is a bit of a "what's up with that" question and not serious, but it bugs me.

If you choose "yes" to "Help Improve Adobe's Products" (and I also think it's also in the registration for the product) you are presented with a bunch of drop down menus with basic information: Job Type, Organization Size, Organization Type, Location. Yet, the job type menu does not have my job - Publisher or even Designer (Publisher) - I went with Software Engineer which isn't completely off base since I specialize in publishing techology.

Now, I'm used to other software products not having this, but this is for InDesign. Maybe I'm just not thinking about this right, but shouldn't a publishing software have the job type "publisher" in the drop down menu? It seems basic common sense, unless they think that people actually involved in publishing technology wouldn't use InDesign.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to Lady Cygnus

"Publishing" covers a LOT of territory. Are you an automation developer, copywriter, prepress tech, graphic designer, art director...?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to Lady Cygnus

It very likely also has to do with the official job classification titles used by the government.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to Lady Cygnus

The folks who design these things live in their own universe, I think.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points