Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to turn of this blue grid?? pdf file in this link...

Dec 12, 2012 8:04 AM

Tags: #background #acrobat #x #remove #pro #blue #picture #grid

How to turn of this blue grid and picture background?? pdf file in this link:

http://www.grad.hr/mostovi/files/masivni/04_masivni_mostovi.pdf

I need to print, but with all this color it would be a huge blow for my toner!

p.s. I have adobe acrobat x pro...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2012 8:34 PM   in reply to Bilke5

You can probably remove that using Acrobat, but if you don't know how to do that, you should ask in the Acrobat forums.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to Bilke5

If you save it as a Word file, you can open the Word file and delete the background all as one piece. That would at least give you the text, but you may lose arrows and other graphic elements and you will have to watch for white text dropping out.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 4:51 PM   in reply to Bilke5

[topic moved to Acrobat / Creating, Editing & Exporting PDFs forum]

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 12:07 AM   in reply to Bilke5

The grid isn't a separate optional extra, it is part of the graphics of the file. In fact, it is many thousands of separate graphics. I don't think there is any realistic prospect that you could remove all of them, and only them. (Even if you did, you'd have other problems - how would you see the white text?)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 1:54 AM   in reply to Test Screen Name

You could do it with Preflight, but the more fundamental question is whose file is this? Did the author apply that pattern to prevent people from printing/copying the stuff beneath it, and do you have his/her permission to alter the document? These forums will never help people engage in copyright infringement.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 3:58 AM   in reply to Bilke5

I don't understand what sort of option you mean. Ther's nothing special about the grid, it's just many graphics.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 4:23 AM   in reply to Bilke5

Preflight is a tool inside Acrobat Pro which can perform complex editing tasks on PDF files. It could be programmed to search for all page items matching the specific nature of those 'dots', and to move them into a new layer. Turning off that layer, the file can be printed without them showing.

It is always much easier to ask the person who created the PDFs to send you copies without the pattern.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 8:59 AM   in reply to Bilke5

It may be that if they were aware of the problem you are having, they would make a change so that it easy to print. Then again, it may be they did it on purpose to discourage printing and/or copying the information. However, there is a chance they did not even see it as an issue and are not aware of your problem. In that case, letting them know may be enough for them to change.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points