Dec 12, 2012 8:58 AM

Tags: #photoshop #extensions #cs6

All of my Extension icons have disappeared:

Screen Shot 2012-12-12 at 11.51.29 AM.PNG

Is there a way to reset them?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 16, 2012 6:34 PM   in reply to uurf_actual

If they are third party extensions, how about re-installing them?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 12:26 AM   in reply to uurf_actual

uurf_actual wrote:

...Moderators?

Moderators, traditionally called hosts or administrators in these forums, rarely chime into any discussions.

That being said, you're giving hardly any information.  I, for one, have no idea whether you're on a Mac or a Windows machine, what exact version of the OS you run, what your machine specs are, what routine maintenance you perform on your computer, whether you have updated Photoshop to version 13.0.3, etc.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 5:41 AM   in reply to uurf_actual

It may be that the extension providers need to create new icons for Ps because of changes made to support Retina displays.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to uurf_actual

Hi,

Sorry I missed this thread when you first reported it. This is a known issue with the latest 13.0.2/3 updates (as well as 13.1.x for subscription licenses).

Unfortunately there's nothing for the Extension authors to change to workaround it either. We have it logged for investigation in our bug system.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2013 12:28 PM   in reply to uurf_actual

Hi,

You're correct. The icons will be generic for the 13.0.3 & 13.1.1 updates, and we exhausted potential useful workaround methods to remedy without code changes.

How many extensions do you typically have? One thing you might want to experiment with is setting all your extensions into their own tab group and dock this group in it's own column. Now pull out the column width enough so that even in the collapsed state, you see the extension name. This won't work well for limted screen width setups, though as it adds 4-5 times the required space (vs. min. width collpapsed state). You can even save a workspace with this arrangement for times when you more heavily use the extensions (not sure if that's your case or not).

If you want me to post a screenshot showing what I mean, let me know.

Sorry for the issue, it's fallout from the work to support Retina displays, but isn't directly related to the machines display resolution usage.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to uurf_actual

Having the same problem... its getting really annoying!

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2013 11:07 PM   in reply to MadeinBergen

I'm having the same problem. REALLY annoying.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2013 12:17 AM   in reply to uurf_actual

6+ months and still no fix???

Maybe if they were't so busy making qr-code generator for indesign

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2013 2:10 AM   in reply to MadeinBergen

MadeinBergen wrote:

6+ months and still no fix???

Maybe if they were't so busy making qr-code generator for indesign

The Photoshop team and the InDesign team are entirely separate entities, as if two different companies.  What one does has no effect on the other one.

The "suite" concept is a fabrication of Adobe marketing and bean-counting types.  The engineering teams are totally independent of each other, they are not only in different buildings but in different cities and states of the American Union, even in different countries.

The fact that they have little if any communication among them is highlighted by requests occasionally made in these forums by top Adobe engineers to let the other teams know when there are problems in one application that impact our workflow in another one.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2013 2:21 AM   in reply to station_two

I know there are different teams working on the different apps.

They point I was trying to get across, is that its probably in the end users best interest that the photoshop team (and the other teams) spend more of their time bug fixes and performance updates and less on new features that aren't really that useful.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2013 11:34 AM   in reply to uurf_actual

I can't seem to update through Help > Updates. I also tried downloading and installing manually, but I keep getting the error U44M1P6.

What should I do?

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 4, 2013 12:57 PM   in reply to lullehs

Lullehs, unfortunately, you might have to uninstall, reinstall, reapply the update.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2013 12:59 PM   in reply to uurf_actual

Ok so something really weird has happened. I checked my Photoshop version and it reverted itself back to 13.0! I have no idea why this happened.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 10:52 AM   in reply to uurf_actual

Yeah, I noticed that. But having to do that every time you launch the program isn't really what I call a fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2014 4:56 PM   in reply to uurf_actual

It's now January 2014, and still nothing... That makes it a year and a half without a fix to this bug.

This is why startups like Sketch and Macaw are going to progresively push Adobe into extinction.

You know what happens when I submit a bug or feature request to Sketch? The creator of the application responds to me promptly and with a clear answer, not a "we'll probably evaluate this in the next quarter, time permitting, and if no other blah blah happens in blah blah blah."

It's only begrudingly that I use Adobe products any more... Looking forward to cutting the cord ASAP, once and for all...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points