Skip navigation
Nicodya2012
Currently Being Moderated

Ciao. I want Run two particles spiral around arm

Dec 12, 2012 5:13 PM

I'm Italian. I would like to run two particles spiral around his arm so that the particles take turns in first and second place in the arm. Thank you.

Sono Italiano. Vorrei far girare 2 particelle in spirale attorno ad un braccio in modo che le particelle si alternino in primo e secondo piano rispetto al braccio. Grazie.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2012 11:17 PM   in reply to Nicodya2012

Well, and using what particle effect/ plug-in? On what footage? What version of AE do you use? How experienced are you? Sorry, you need to be a lot more specific. This could possibly involve a ton of things from keying to manually masking particles to fake obscuration, could require cleanup of your source plate, trickery with blending modes to simulate light casting and a million otehr things. that is to say that if you are looking for a simple step-by-step answer, it doesn't exist. you will have to watch a couple of tutorials and combine the techniques...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to Nicodya2012

I think I know what you're asking for...

If you are using Particular, you could do it fairly simply.

You will need your person isolated either through keying or rotoscoping.

You can put one light on either side of a 3d null object, then animate that null going down the length of the arm and rotating (therefore making the lights spin around the arm).

Check your documentation for making Particular emitters follow lights.

Check out this tutorial for info on how to get them to go behind and in front of the person.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 10:54 AM   in reply to Nicodya2012

I do not know what you are asking for. Something is getting lost in translation. Could you draw a picture describing it or link us to a video where someone else has done a similar effect?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 11:45 PM   in reply to Nicodya2012

I use after effects cs6! I'am beginner.... I need some tutorial...

Umm, seriously, then look them up. There's tons of tutorials on al lthe basic techniques, but you will not necessarily find one that explains avery step and is tailored to your specific scenario. That is, afrter all, the whole point: You are supposed to learn, not copycat. No offense, but you really need to learn AE first, not get it into your head that you could do Hollywood FX on an afternoon based on footage you probably already shot the wrong way.... 'nuff said....

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to Nicodya2012

Get started here to learn After Effects.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points