Skip navigation
ahreckon
Currently Being Moderated

Can I please speak to someone in the US for support?!?

Dec 12, 2012 7:40 PM

Tags: #illustrator #photoshop #cancellation #storage #adobe #flash #video #after #effects #bridge #dreamweaver #email #license #indesign #creative #reader #uploading #multiple #sync #updates #share #contact #us #language #support #account #cloud #creative_cloud #ideas #price #billing #payment #subscriptions

I have been dealing with this circle jerk of a nightmare that is Adobe's HORRIFFIC JOKE of a support system. 

Adobe, if you have the balls to charge what you do for software, PLEASE stop cutting corners and being cheep with your technical support by outsourcing it to indians who barley speek english.  Its one thing to speek to somebody who has a slight language barrier and actually knows what they are talking about, its entirely different to speek to somebody who takes 8 tries to get my email address correct, and then procedes to have ZERO idea how to solve my creative cloud issue. 

I have NEVER in my life felt so helpless with support. I have tried EVERY avenue that Adobe offers to NO avail! I still can't update my creative cloud software and I've been using it for months.  Good thing I had the fortune of having someone in my office help me get passed the activation nightmare which took me COUNTLESS hours on the phone with Adobe's indian support, where I got passed around and around to increasingly less informed people.

I am going to be issuing a chargeback for what I have already spent on this joke of a product. I am also going to get my money back.  This has been the WORST experience I have ever dealt with for support.

Adobe, 

As a designer with over 15 years of experience, I used to defend you to people who thought it was justified to pirate your expensive software. Yes, you do make the best design software on the planet, but when your long time, loyal users are forced to speek to a third rate oursourced indian support system, we are left angry, frustrated, and utterly shocked!

You, Adobe, should be ashamed of yourselves! 

I now see why so many people pirate your software, I'm assuming there is far better support in that relm

regretfully yours

X-Customer

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2012 8:33 PM   in reply to ahreckon

I am sorry that you had a poor experience with customer support.

These are your only two posts to this forum so this is the first I am aware of your problems. If you want to resolve them please contact me at kenrice@adobe.com.

If you have already decided to quit I respect that decision.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 8:46 PM   in reply to ahreckon

I have offered to help you and I will. Your decision.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 9:21 PM   in reply to ahreckon

This was an interesting post to come upon. I agree with you, ahreckon, on many points you brought up. I have had several terrible experiences with Adobe Support. I dread any time that I must contact support. More than not I start here, on the Adobe Forum, or other forums before I call them. Out of my past 5 phone calls to Adobe I spent several hours on the phone and was ready to scream after 4 of the 5 phone calls. Adobe needs to definitely work on support and improve. However, I have also had some outstanding support from both people in India and elsewhere. Ken, who offered to help here, has helped me with a few issues I have had and this forum would not be the same without him. Thank you Ken for your help to myself and the others I know you have helped.

A more recent experience, I was having issues with Creative Cloud. I spent a while on the phone with Adobe support to only be passed around and on hold forever. I then posted here with a rant of my own (see post here). I also asked for assistance. I had a person contact me. After trading a few emails we met on a Connect session. This person was able to help me and solve my problem. Also this person was from India.

I always recommend starting here on the forums and then I will try support chat before I have to call. (I have had a couple issues solved through chat before.)

Those are just my two cents and I do hope Adobe hears their customers and will improve support.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2013 2:38 PM   in reply to Ken G. Rice

I can undrestand the frustration of the other usesr regarding adobe customer support out sourced to India. And with all respect Ken, I am sure you are very aware of this very very bad customer support and the frustration it causes. I had the same problems as the others. It is very disappointing and at the end of the day we purchased an expensive professional software in the US from a US company. So please get us a US and well trained ( technical issues not customer torture ) support team.

Thanks so much

Peter

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 7:13 AM   in reply to ahreckon

I understand your frustration ahreckon. I spent half an hour on the phone with support and was passed onto 4 different teams only to be told they couldn't help me. The problem I'm having directly impacts the work I do and I'm at a total standstill with my job. I don't feel valued as a customer.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 5:20 PM   in reply to ahreckon

Agree with OP 100%.

I'm sure some will cry "racism" or some other buzz word but it's nothing more than a language barrier coupled with a relatively unknowledgeable tech support team.

Adobe's tech support itself is basically worthless on the knowledge end of the product. The language/heavy accent + international connection is maddening. 50% of the conversation consists of "I'm sorry, can you repeat that" or "What?" by both parties.

Tech knowledge consists of suggestions of rebooting the computer (thanks), installing a number of different browsers (don't even know what to say or think about this tactic), uninstalling then reinstalling (this is fun Adobe! More multi GB downloads to play with and wait on, please!), and finally to install screen sharing software with someone random person from another part of the world with different privacy laws (Adobe...I love you).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 7:16 PM   in reply to ahreckon

I once tried the online support chat... It was a computer an NO human being portraying to be one...

It just kept asking generic questions - wanting to fool me into thinking I was in a chat... It was so stupid that we plan to do a screen cast of how adobe tricks their clients to think they talk to an actual individual.

Probably one of the most pathetic scams I have ever seen on the web !

Next to the release of Adobe CC !!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 7:44 PM   in reply to Ken G. Rice

Ken,

While I might not have to courage to scream out as did ahreckon and others, I have called 4-5 times in the last year and received horrible, uncaring support. I say uncaring beause I am convinced of the person's ability to read, write and speak in English language, but the proposed solutions are nothing more than idle guesswork.

Here is an example of a very simple issue that the support agent could not wrap their head around.

All I wanted was to know how I could deactiveate my CC on one laptop and activate it on my new laptop. Simple as I later learned.

Note the wait time, and then the time remining for me to contact support by phone in the end. Also note that I never got through to support. Music for an hour, then I hung up.

The exchange was humourously pathetic even from the first line...

info: All representatives are actively assisting other customers.  Your estimated wait time is 18 minute(s) and 9 second(s) or longer.  Thank you for your patience.

info: All representatives are actively assisting other customers.  Your estimated wait time is 18 minute(s) and 9 second(s) or longer.  Thank you for your patience.

info: All representatives are actively assisting other customers.  Your estimated wait time is 12 minute(s) and 57 second(s) or longer.  Thank you for your patience.

info: All representatives are actively assisting other customers.  Your estimated wait time is 9 minute(s) and 42 second(s) or longer.  Thank you for your patience.

info: All representatives are actively assisting other customers.  Your estimated wait time is 5 minute(s) and 17 second(s) or longer.  Thank you for your patience.

info: You are now chatting with 'Pavithra'

Pavithra: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

Matt: huh?

Pavithra: Sorry for the last statement, that was not addressed to you, please continue.        

Pavithra: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Matt: oh hi

Pavithra: Hi Matt.

Matt: I use a macbook pro

Matt: older one

Matt: now I bought a new one

Matt: same

Matt: macbook pro

Pavithra: I understand that you would like to know how to install the software on new computer. Is that correct?

Matt: yep

Matt: is it easy enough?

Matt: Pavithra is a cool name

Pavithra: Thank you Matt.

Pavithra: Thank you for confirming.

Pavithra: I will be glad to check and help you with this issue.

Pavithra: May I have the exact error message you are getting?

Matt: no error

Matt: just asking in advance

Matt: what are the steps?

Pavithra: Alright . Let me provide you the steps.

Matt: thanks!

Pavithra: You are welcome.

Pavithra: Click here to know more.

Matt: Changing product installation location in Adobe Application Manager?

Pavithra: Well in this case please contact our technical support team to fix your issue.

Matt: I have no issue to fix. This is an installation question.

Pavithra: This seems to be more of technical issue and Since I from Customer Support, In this case I will suggest you to contact our Specialized technical support team so that they would be able to resolve the issue better. I will provide you with the contact details for technical support team.

Pavithra: Please allow me a moment while I provide you with the contact details of technical team.

Matt: ok

Pavithra: Click here to view the contact details

Pavithra: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Matt: that link is not to tech suppport

Matt: that is a sales contact page

Pavithra:
    Pavithra: You can directly contact our technical team at 800-833-6687 between Monday to Friday, 5am to 7pm PST.

Matt: looks like I have 11 minutes

Matt: I guess I better hurry now.

Pavithra: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Matt: no thanks.

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to matt.lewis@live.com at the end of your chat.

Ahreckon and others have a point. Your products are awesome --- and very expensive. However, youe support channels are very lacking in professionaism.

What can I say? I have been your products for a full decade beyond that of ahrecken. That is 25 years. Adobe used to have a high standard of customer service excellence.

I digress and resort to my knowegebase.

-Matt Lewis

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 2:30 AM   in reply to matt_lewis

Matt,

you were talking to a computer... Such like SIRI...

It was not a real person..

Had the same experience...

Shame on adobe for fooling their clients into thinking they are talking to a real person !

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points