Skip navigation
audreyrich
Currently Being Moderated

adding titles to time line/scene line

Dec 12, 2012 6:59 PM

Hi im using adobe premier elements 10,  im trying to add a title for example fun in the sun, to one of my photos, what is happening is not only does the title go on the photo i want  the title also goes onto the rest of the photos in my project on the time line, how do i stop this from happening, i tried deleting the titles from the unwanted photos but it also takes it off the one photo i want it to stay on..

if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it, i have spent many hours talking/cursing to the computer trying to figure this out lol.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 13, 2012 5:14 AM   in reply to audreyrich

Switch to Timeline view.

In Sceneline view, you don't get much control over where the title lands. But in Timeline view, you can trim, position and even add transitions and effects to your title (which will appear on an upper video track). Sceneline is really a very basic space for just throwing together a video. If you want any control at all, you should work in Timeline view.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 9:01 PM   in reply to audreyrich

I think that you will find the Timeline View Mode to be the key. Sceneline is good for a beginning, where one does a rough "storyboard," but for almost anything beyond, the Timeline will be worth the change.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 6:15 AM   in reply to audreyrich

Great news, and thank you for reporting your success!

Good luck & happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points