Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Files panel stealing focus after saving and automatically uploading

Dec 13, 2012 2:36 AM

Tags: #files #dreamweaver #focus #upload #ftp

As I already mentioned in http://forums.adobe.com/message/4917862 I'm getting tired of the buggy Dreamweaver. Besides the many random crashes (which I learned to live with) here is one bug that prevents me from upgrading to 12.1 (and 12.1.1 still hasn't fixed this even though it's a confirmed bug!)

When making changes to a site I allways setup 'Automatically upload files to server on Save' since I access my testing server with FTP or SSH (SFTP) too.

But everytime when I save a file to Files panel steals focus (probably because the upload button is automatically triggered and is in the files panel). So I press CMD-S, files saves fine, get's uploaded and I Alt-Tab to view changes in browser, Alt-Tab back to Dreamweaver, start typing, for example I press Backspace because I want to change a value and get a message if I really want to delete the file selected in files panel. Need to close it, manual click the codeview panel again at exactly the location where I want my cursor before I can continue again. This is just rediculous and makes 12.1 so annoying I can't live with it. Now I'm forced to use 12.0 which is slower and even more buggy but at least I can type as expected because it doesn't have this bug. After the 12.1.1 release today I hoped it was finaly fixed but it just got me more pissed off....... Since I'm subscribed to Creative Cloud mainly for Dreamweaver I'm really thinking about cancelling it and changing to Coda 2 (which isn't perfect either but at least I won't pay $50 a month for bugs)

Please Adobe, fix this! Doesn't seem that hard.

Or at least tell me a workaround.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 13, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to ndekruijk

I'm also experiencing this issue (12.1 5949).

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 13, 2012 6:25 AM   in reply to ndekruijk

ndekruijk,

I removed my response. My bad - I realized you're on Creative Cloud. Hence, 12.0.3 was irrelevant for you. 12.1.1 is for Creative Cloud users. Take a look here to see what has changed: http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2012/12/dreamweaver-cs6-updates-for -perpetual-ccm-users.html

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 13, 2012 8:02 AM   in reply to ndekruijk

Are you on creative cloud? If you are, you can't get 12.0.3 as that is only for perpetual licenses (regular license)

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 13, 2012 9:48 PM   in reply to ndekruijk

Why don't you file a feature request for 'downgrade' or a 'fallback' to Adobe? https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 14, 2012 3:13 AM   in reply to ndekruijk

No, I meant it. Didn't intend it to be funny or offensive.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 8:55 AM   in reply to ndekruijk

Same problems here. And probably everywhere. Filed a bug report. Anyone know a downgrade path or another workaround?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to ndekruijk

Thanks for that, ndekruijk.

I was thinking I might be able to downgrade by restoring DW from Time Machine backup.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 5:05 PM   in reply to ndekruijk

Sorry for the frustration, folks.

The Dreamweaver team is aware of this issue, and they are currently working to get a fix out for it.

I don't have an ETA, but know it's a priority.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 10:05 PM   in reply to ndekruijk

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in CCM update 12.2. Please update to this latest release. Some of the users have confirmed the fix as well.

-Janaki

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 8:47 AM   in reply to Janaki Lakshmikanthan

I can confirm this appears to be fixed in the latest Creative Cloud release from February 14th.  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 3:04 PM   in reply to Daryl Barnes

Yes, it has been finally fixed!!! Thanks!!!! But now we have a new problem. Each time you click to syncronize with server you get the options 'Entire xyz site' and 'Get and Put newer files' selected in the dialog box. Ever since I use Dreamweaver the program used to remember the settings. I normally have "Selected local files only' and 'Put newer files'. Now I have to reselect the two options each time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points