Skip navigation
ndbender@charter.net
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge cs6

Dec 13, 2012 10:57 AM

Upgraded to PS cs6 extended. Everything is working as it should except, Bridge.

When I go to delete a file I get this error message.

"The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient permissions".

How do I fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 14, 2012 9:51 AM   in reply to ndbender@charter.net

Does this happen in every directory or only one specific directory?  Have you checked your file permissions for that directory?  Finally which operating system are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2012 9:47 AM   in reply to ndbender@charter.net

Directories are represented as folders within the Finder.  If you can please answer the questions I asked in message #1 it would be appreciated.  I would like to have this information before I review your interaction with our support team.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to ndbender@charter.net

Thank you for the update.  I am moving this discussion over to the Bridge General Discussion forum.  It does look like your case is still open so our support team will be contacting you as well.

From reviewing your case you are correct it appears our techicians did have you check your permissions.  My last suggestion on this matter would be to try a newly created local administrator account to see if the difficulties you are experiencing are user account specific.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 18, 2012 1:04 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

While creating a new user account for testing would be a good idea maybe first start with holding down option key while restarting Bridge and choose 'reset preferences'.

Also use apple disk utility on your system disk and run the Check and Repair permissions.

And what do you mean with Bridge 7? current version in CS6 is Bridge 5.0.1.21 (check menu Bridge CS6 / About Bridge)

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 19, 2012 2:18 PM   in reply to ndbender@charter.net

Now what is that telling me and how do I fix it in the other user account.

Bridge can be very critical on a system but I have absolutely no clue what would have caused this problem.

First I would try a check and repair permissions on your start up disk using the Apple Disk Utility.

But to be honest, in the past this did not work very often.

And second I would use the hard way to reset Bridge:

Quit Bridge and go to the user library (not root!!)

user (your username) / library / caches / Adobe / Bridge CS6 / and inhere grab both the plug in file and cache folder and drag them to the trash (you don't need to delete it directly so keep it there as a back up option)

Then in same library but preference folder find an delete the Bridge list file to the trash (com.adobe.bridge5.plist) (Bridge version 5 comes with CS6)

And for security also remove the same files for prior versions if they are still present.

Then restart Bridge holding down option key and choose reset preferences.

This should provide you an almost new and fresh Bridge with factory settings.

If this does not work an Archive and install from the OSX system disk would be an option. Start up from the system disk and from the options in the menu choose Archive and Install. This keeps all your files and applications but makes a copy of your old libraries and creates new and fresh libraries. After this you have to run software update and apply the OSX combo update and all other updates again. This gives you a fresh user account and usually takes you about less then an hour. But be sure to have made a proper back up of all your files and settings for security.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points