Skip navigation
crmurphy1234
Currently Being Moderated

Type scaling issue with 13.0.2

Dec 13, 2012 2:57 PM

Tags: #bug #type #cs6 #13.0.2

If I transform a type with the transform tool or "command t" the font size displayed when highlighted doesn't update to larger font size. If the layer is selected the correct font size is displayed. I updated a coworkers's photoshop and he experienced the same issue.

Screen shot 2012-12-13 at 4.53.27 PM.png

Screen shot 2012-12-13 at 4.53.17 PM.png

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 13, 2012 3:59 PM   in reply to crmurphy1234

I recall something very much like this reported during the Photoshop CS6 public beta back in April or so.

Ah yes, here it is:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4309280

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 9:18 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

I am experiencing this issue as well, in 13.1.1. Would love to see some indications from Adobe that this known bug is being addressed.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 10:01 AM   in reply to tomaugerdotcom

I am experiencing this same issue and am unable to find any acknowledgement, nor further information on it....

I am having issues with incorrect font sizes once i've applied a transformation (using cmd-T) to any text. The size doesn't alter within the character pallettes to the new correct size, resulting in an inability to correctly typeset a text layer afterward. For instance, I can highlight text within the exisitng post-transformed layer, and have the pallette tell me it is 16pt. If I change that to 18pt, the highlighted text changes to what visually is a much, much larger font size. I understand there is a relativistic effect going on due to the type layer transformation but I can't figure out how to 'reset' so that the actual current sizes are reflected within the text pallette to make text editing possible without just using guesswork.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 3:41 PM   in reply to crmurphy1234

Issue is causing complete havoc in my work flow. This is unbelievably frustating. Adobe are you listening?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 6:24 AM   in reply to dbrienswann

Unlikely. At best you'll be told to go to the dubious Photoshop.com "family" feedback site where your suggestion / complaint / issue will become just another drop in a massive bucket. It ain't what it once was, I'm afraid.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 12, 2013 1:55 PM   in reply to tomaugerdotcom

Actually, to their credit Adobe seems to listen as well as or better than other big software companies.  Their engineers do come around here quite often.

Whether they're given time by their management to clean up all the bugs and problems noted here is a different thing.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points